Snow in the cab

Sabrinabmorin

Equipment
Kubota M126GX
Jan 16, 2021
Québec
Hi people,

I got a M126GX who has a bit of snow that penetrate the cab by the trap on the top. The water drips everywhere but most importantly on the strap and cause it to break (happened one time at the begginning of the season).

I’m wondering if someone else has this trouble and how you solved it or if anybody has an idea. I put tape on it but i’m afraid that the DPF overheat and that my tractor stop due to the code or worst.

Thank you for your responses!

asgard

Equipment
B2301, 60 inch deck, 51inch blower
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I am unsure of your problem.
Is it that you are worried water dripping through a roof hatch will go onto sensitive controls and cause an issue.
Are you looking for a solution to the leaking hatch? A few pictures would help.
Sorry if I am getting his all wrong.
/

Sabrinabmorin

Equipment
Kubota M126GX
Jan 16, 2021
Québec
I am unsure of your problem.
Is it that you are worried water dripping through a roof hatch will go onto sensitive controls and cause an issue.
Are you looking for a solution to the leaking hatch? A few pictures would help.
Sorry if I am getting his all wrong.
/
Sorry maybe I explained myself wrong my english is not on point.

As you can see i taped the trap on the top, the water was passing trough it and made the strap slide (not sure of how to say it but it end up breaking because of the water). But taping it would propably lean to other problems.

I received a message from a guy on FB who said to buy frogskin and put it on that trap.
Gonna try it as soon as possible!

Attachments

asgard

Equipment
B2301, 60 inch deck, 51inch blower
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
The issue is that water is getting into the engine area through the vent that is on the hood? Does that scoop have any sort of deflector that stops this that broke?
I would not think that the heat build-up would adversely affect the DPF after all you could have it sitting running to power a PTO attachment like a chipper and that would be static air.
Someone with a lot more expertise on this variant will hopefully chip in.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hi Sabrina, welcome.

First more questions, are you getting water and snow in through the air scoop on the top of your hood when you are using the tractor or when it is stopped?

By strap breaking, are you able to show a picture? Drive belt maybe?

I am not familiar with the air intake inside the engine compartment on that model, but that does need to be kept free of ice and snow, and water getting into the air filter by that route will cause problems. Another M owner might be able to help here.

Closing off the hood area will not necessarily cause problems with overheating or with dpf, as long as there is good airflow from other routes. Many of us cover the front of our tractors while snow blowing to keep snow out of the engine compartment. You can watch your temperature gauge to make sure engine is not overheating.