Snow blower with single clutch problem question~!

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
With my B7510DT, I haven't snow plowed yet~:cool:
but when I had Zetor 70 Hp diesel tractor with 8' snow blower, I had problem with snow blower even with a double clutch.

When I push clutch down to stop while snow blowing, snow blower always stuck with snow. Some how, PTO stopped and then snow blower stuck.:eek:
That is why live pto is better but now B7510DT is not live pto... I will have same problem. So, I was thinking, instead of depressing the clutch... hit the gear lever into neutral and hit the break to stop and keep the PTO turning that not to get stuck with snow blower.

Do you think, is it good idea? or will it wreck the gears?
Is there any other way not to get stuck with snow?

Thank you in advance.

Joe.

Last edited:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Joe, I noticed you weren't getting much response to this question, and I must admit that I have not done much snow blowing with a standard tractor. The only thing I can suggest is to lift the blower before you try to stop. If you can slide it in and out of gear as you say without rounding off too many of those gears then that should work.:D Dusty

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
My tractor is hydrostatic drive. The pto is independent from the drive. You take your foot off of the pedal and the tractor stops but the pto keeps going. There should be lots of guys on here that use standard trani tractors to blow snow. Have patience you will get some responses.:D There is a way , there is always a way:)

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I don't have a blower, and never have used one but I have plowed lots of snow with either a truck and or tractor mounted blades both front and rear. From the outside looking in I have one question. could a lifting motion be used when nearing the end of run? what about rolling back if a small grade was present?

tim

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Yeah, I think that might work.

"could a lifting motion be used when nearing the end of run?"

I think that is way better and safer than kick the gear shift out to neutral while it runs in high RPM.:D

I'll try that when we ever get snow here~:cool:
It's been raining more than a month now.:eek:

Thank you Tim.
and thanks to Dusty for cheer me up~:D

Joe.

GRNMTNEER

Equipment
L2350DT/LB400FEL/Woods 750 Back Hoe
Oct 24, 2009
Eden, Vermont
I live in extreme northern Vermont - 5ft snow falls/drifts are common. I have always plowed (7ton 85 Massey- 2 stage clutch and independent ) and/or have used a tractor mounted pto blower on a Ford 8N -single stage clutch and live PTO. If you disengage clutch the PTO will stop, snow will fall down the chute and clog your blower at and above the fan (impeller). A pain. Trying to shift quickly while moving can damage gears, forks, and sliders in the transmission. Try raising the links at the end of the run beginning early enough so that the blower is clear before you stop. You can "finish the run" by coming in from either side of the pass or from the other end. I would NOT recommend shifting while moving unless you want to remove the top of the gearbox at the least (to dislodge stuck fork/rails or replace gears - they are square cut and have no synchros). good luck

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
My tractor is a gear drive. I don't have a snow blower. Based on what I've been reading here, I think I'll just stick with snow plowing from the warm cab of my truck! I thought it might be fun to buy a snow blower attachment for my Kubota, but it sounds like I'd be much better off sticking with my 4X4.

Sometimes, when we get a LOT of snow, I run out of places to pile it up. You can only go so high with the stacks. I thought it would be nice to have a blower, so I could "shoot" the snow off at a distance. Guess I need to start pushing the stacks off a little further, just in case!

I still like the idea of blowing that snow off at a far distance, but need to stay warm while doing it! Heated cab is the only way to go, as far as I'm concerned.

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
That is why I have 6' snow blade at the front of bucket, Randy.
So, I could clean the snow quick with snow blade. and then using snow blower to clean more effectively and far away. and then when it start making a big mountain of snow, I start use bucket to pile them up nicely too.

but now I have a problem with snow blower for not having "Live PTO".:mad:
as Tim and Grnmtneer said lifting snow blower at the end of RUNWAY is the best idea, I think~!:D

Thank you all~!!!

Joe.

Attachments

bubbaboss

Equipment
1989 Kubota B8200 4x4, Kubota 72" Snow Blower
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
Most Tractors i have Seen with Rear Mounted SnowBlowers Do The "Lift Before They Finish The Run Deal"

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Yeah, I have to practice that technique too but we haven't got the snow yet~:p