Snow blower interchangabillity BX24 vs BX 25

Brian

Equipment
BX 25
Nov 7, 2010
New York State
Will the snow blower for the BX24 fit the BX 25. I believe the blower is a BX27C model??

I found one used and want to make sure it will fit my BX 25. I was told the difference between the BX24 and BX25 was that the 25 has sheet metal instead of plastic body parts and that's about it.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
If you are talking the front blower, then the model you need is a BX2750C. If it is coming off a BX24, then it will fit the BX25. You will also need the quick hitch assembly and the mid pto assembly. Make sure that you are getting everything you need to make it work, not just the blower. For instance if the person you are buying it from also has the front broom or front blade, they will then keep the quick hitch for the blade, and both the quick hitch and mid pto assembly if they have the broom. The mid pto assembly consists of 2 pieces. A long pto shaft, that goes from the mid pto on the tractor to the one side of the short shaft that is part of the quick hitch, and 1/2 of the pto shaft, that goes from the short shaft to the half of the pto shaft that is attached to the blower. There is also a bracket mounted on the loader valve that is needed to hold the rod that rotates the chute. There is also a little shield that mounts up under the tractor between the front wheels. It is a shield that protects some hyd. lines from grease that can be thrown off one of the knuckles on the pto shaft. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Passerby

Equipment
Kubota
Nov 25, 2010
Portland, ME
Because of your knowledge about mount for the snowblower, I wish to ask if you know if there is a secret to getting a B2750D snowblower mounted to the quick hitch assembly? I can't seem to get it to slide quite far enough onto the hitch to allow the driveshaft to go into the coupling and fasten it with the lever. I was wondering if possibly, the lever has to be in some position when it is installed but presently I can only get about a quarter of an inch into the female coupler on the blower end of the driveshaft. The lever seems fine but iti appears tight so I was wondering if there is something besides brute force that might make the job easier or in my case possible because I can't even get it on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
I took a couple of pictures that I hope will help. Before trying to mount the blower on the quick hitch, remove the lynch pin that is on the chain from the latch mechanism. Then move the handle all the way over until it is pointing straight back towards the rear of the tractor. That unlatches the lock. Then carefully drive your tractor up to the blower making sure the PTO shaft is on the support that holds it level and make sure the male part of the quick hitch is going into the female part of the blower. Once the two parts are seated correctly then move the handle all the way forward. This will lock the blower onto the quick hitch. Then don't forget to put the lynch pin back in the locking mechanism. Then hook up you pto shaft to the short shaft on the quick hitch. Just make sure the pto shaft locks on with a click. Give it a couple of good tugs to see if you can pull it off. It not, then your ready to go.
I hope this helps.

Addendum: One more tip that may help. I found that after you insert the quick hitch into the blower and if I can't quite seem to get the lever all the way forward to the lock position, if I raise the blower all the way off the ground using the hyd, but very slowly, then I go around to the front of the blower and rock it side to side just a little bit while I am pushing in on it, that will seat it as far as it possibly can go onto the hitch. Then I have no trouble locking the leaver. Just be careful when you raise the blower since it is not locked onto the quick hitch and you can pull it off and onto the ground. So keep your toes out from under it, be carefull and go slow.

One more thing to check. If the above procedure fails, then the only other thing it coud be is that there is some foriegn matter in or on either piece of the hitch. Ice, frosten dirt, rock, etc. The tolerances between the two halves is very tight. It wouldn't take too big of a piece of junk to prevent them from seating properly.

Attachments

Last edited:

Passerby

Equipment
Kubota
Nov 25, 2010
Portland, ME
Appreciate the time taking the pictures. I didn't mention it's a front mount. I am guessing they assembled it incorrectly and that the middle shaft is adjusted too far back in the pillow block type bearings.

That makes the male and female fitting on the snowblower head way to sloppy to operate. I estimate that the front fitting has maybe 1/4 to 3/8' actually inside the coupling. It is so loose it feels like it could be pulled apart.

I am just hoping the center shaft can be pulled forward enough to fit properly in the front coupling and still have spline enough where it goes to the shaft from the pto.

It appears that the shaft needs to come forward at least an inch. I can't imagine a square drive in the socket being less than that and not causing problems. Also the housing that would keep the snow out is a good inch plus apart. Almost like they make a shaft a couple inches longer to compensate.

I am sort of lost. The picture shows how far out it is, or at least the separation in the housing on the shaft. The visible square part is the 1/4 to 3/8" inside the front socket. Not enough for that type of connection.

Although the handle is in the backwards position in the picture, it doesn't pull the blower further on the mount, so the distance is accurate. It just isn't right.

Attachments

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Something is definitely wrong with your application. I'm wondering if they even sold you the correct blower/quick hitch. You mentioned you have a BX2750D snowblower. What model BX do you have? The pto shaft in your picture is way too short. The two halves should overlap 3 - 4 inches, so even if you moved the short shaft forward an inch in the pillow bearings, it still be too short, and then would probably be too short on the other side as well.
You also mention the slop between the quick hitch and the blower itself. I don't have the blower mounted on my BX this winter, but in previous years I do not recall having that much slop in it. In fact at times I had to make sure it was seated as tight as I could get it in order to make it latch. Let me know what exact model BX you have and what exact model of blower you have and I will see if they are compatable. Or maybe some dealer reading this can chime in and let us know.

Addendum: After doing some looking around, here is what I think has happened. There are two different length short shafts available depending on the application. I'm guessing the dealer put in the shorter shaft or more than likely had an older qick hitch assembly in stock assuming it would work for your tractor. The shorter shaft is for the older series such as the BX23, BX2230's. For certain models of the newer BX's, it is required to order the longer shaft. I am working on getting the part number of the longer shaft. As soon as I get it, I will post it for you.

Last edited:

Passerby

Equipment
Kubota
Nov 25, 2010
Portland, ME
I believe some of my info was incorrect.

I have a -

B2320 Hsd

BX2750D blower
B2q733A quick attach
B2788 mid-pto kit
BX2735 drive line

According to the dealers I called, these are the correct parts. I assume, that the drive line was either mis-marked, or somehow the wrong one was installed. What is even scarier is if they let that go with the big gap in the safety shield, what else is wrong? They are still trying to say it can't be, but the measurements are correct on the mid-pto kit.

I do appreciate your reply. I just know their is something wrong. Why they don't just buck up and do something on a brand new tractor is far beyond me.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
I have had no personal experience with the B2320. I assumed we were talking about BX series tractor. Your blower will work on the BX series. If it is the correct blower for the B2320, then I would say you have the pto shaft for the BX series instead of the pto shaft for the B2320. I will talk to my local dealer. They know me very well. My wife tells me to well. I will forward the model numbers you listed about to them and ask them if that is the correct combo for your tractor. In the mean time. Do not run that blower if that pto shaft is only over lapped 1/4" When that comes apart (notice I didn't say if it comes apart) it will beat the hell out of ,and ruin everything it touches including the shaft.

Passerby

Equipment
Kubota
Nov 25, 2010
Portland, ME
After calling 5 dealers, one finally knew that what you say is exactly correct. The same blower is used on both, but the shaft is longer for the B model than for the BX.

2 1/2" longer to be exact but it was your comment to my first post that made me decide to get more serious about checking into things. I really do appreciate your time and I wouldn't run it with the short shaft because as you say, it would destroy something with even a slight strain on the blower.

The problems with many things of this nature are very stressful. The internet and discussions in forums is so beneficial for many people.

Thanks again!!! You are an asset to this forum.

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Glad I could help. Once you get that thing fired up, report back here to let us know how you like it. My bet is you will now be looking forward to snow just so you can go out and play around with it. Have fun.

Brian

Equipment
BX 25
Nov 7, 2010
New York State
The shaft that is mounted on the mount is what is needed. there are two sizes. the one you want is 14 1/2" long. I found this out trying to buy and retrofit an early BX2750A blower. I don't have the numbers with me but can get them. Will try to post tomorrow.

Passerby

Equipment
Kubota
Nov 25, 2010
Portland, ME
It has been a while since I was here, but the information I received was awesome. It's so nice to talk to the dealer when you have some knowledge about what you are talking about.

I don't know if this is the standard blower for both the BX and the B model Kubotas, but do know I am already not impressed.

I have sheared some pins for not being on pavement which I am very impressed with because there is little more than chipped paint so this is a very good thing and they work extremely well. They might even shear too easy but I would never complain about that, because they do save the blower.

The tractor and blower are new and after 2 storms, I have decided that the design of the BX2750 blower isn't really all that super. It is sturdy enough and heavy enough not to ride up on the snow, but if there is any moisture in the snow, the chute is going to plug up, or this has been my experience. It does this so easily, that it is actually worse than a small 2-stage walk-behind Toro that I have.

I did, while the blower was clean and new, coat the chute, augers, and all of the inside of the snow blower with silicon and it dried for several days. I'm not really sure what else can be done but I have never had a snow-blower in my 40 years of using one that plugged nearly as easily as this one.

Everything else about the tractor, starting, running, etc. is incredible. I can't describe how much I like it. Even the traction in snow is great so I am in no way condemning anything about the tractor.

I am only pointing out that if you have a small path to an out building or the like, and it isn't paved, you stand a better than normal chance of shearing one of the shear bolts which is good. The temperature during both storms when I used the blower was up around 30 degrees. If you encounter any moisture in the snow at these temperatures there is from what I can tell, a much better chance of it plugging the chute than most other brands of snow-blowers on the market, and all of the one's I have used, even single-stage ones.

This is with the pto speed up to the recommended RPM, anything less and it blows fine, but it almost instantly plugs.

Has anyone else found this?

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
There is no doubt that heavy wet snow is a bear to blow. It can, and will plug even the best blowers. The 3 key items to keep in mind when blowing heavy wet snow are, Go slow, take less than a full swath on each pass, and keep your rpm's up. Way up. And don't expect the blower to blow that stuff very far.
A couple times each winter we too get a heavy wet dumper of snow. In some cases, I have even put the loader back on and just used the bucket to move it off the the side. But for most cases, the blower it tough to beat.

As far as the shear pins breaking go. If you are not on a flat hard surface (cement/asphalt) then make sure you lower your skid shoes all the way. Yes it will leave a little bit of snow on the ground, but as soon as that freezes and makes a nice hard snow pack, then you can again raise your skid shoes and allow the cutting edge to float on the hard snow pack. Prior to doing this, I would also shear pins. (gravel driveway) Since doing this, I have not sheared a single one.

And the most important thing to remember is that it should now be fun to remove snow and it sure beats shoveling. :)

Last edited:

Passerby

Equipment
Kubota
Nov 25, 2010
Portland, ME
The shear bolts breaking is a blessing, it saves the blower as I have in my 35 years or more of using a blower, had them not break and the blower was all but destroyed.

They do seem to break easily and this blower plugs much easier or more often than even the tiny ones I have had in the past. Just trying to state some facts about my experience with this particular blower.

I agree with all that you said, but really do feel that this particular model when compared to other types I have used, could use some improvement concerning the design of the chute and how the snow is ejected so that it wouldn't plug as easily.

Like most Kubota items, the quality and workmanship is excellent, but this particular product doesn't seem to perform as well I had expected, based on other snow-blowers I have owned.

GEP

Jun 16, 2010
Benton Harbor, Mi
I am looking for a TG2742 snow blower with sub frame.
If i could find technical drawing for the sub frame i could build it and use a diverant model blower.
Would some one on this forum have drawings ?
Kubota and the blower manufafturer will not release drawings.
Thanks
GEP

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
passerby: engineers design these blowers and the bean counters builds
them. the bean counters listens to the cannary song, cheap, cheap.
have u thought of puting ur toro blower besides the bota one and start
compareing. figure out the RPM on the blower blade and the auger. copare to the bota one, clearances ect. u might need to slow the auger down on the bota or speed the blower up. nothing aggravates me more than something
that works half ass. grab the cutting torch and welder and make it work right.
Louis

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to why your blower is plugging up so quickly as I experienced it while trying out a tractor before buying my B3030.

The front augers aren't lined up properly causing the snow to be sucked in to quickly.They have to be "offset" when you put the shear pin in or you're screwed and will have this problem.Pull one of the shear pins out and turn that auger 180 degrees and put the pin back in and I'm willing to bet you'll be
amazed at how fantastic it works.

The B7500 I tried was frustrating to say the least,and I got a call from my cousin while at the dealership and when I told him what it was doing he told me what to look for and was correct.I was busy this afternoon moving about 10 inches of snow we got,and even going into some of the built up piles had the orange crate bogging down spewing a full shute maximum diametor stream of snow without a hint of plugging up.
I can look in my book and take a picture tomorrow if you need to know more.
Al

Brian

Equipment
BX 25
Nov 7, 2010
New York State
The front augers aren't lined up properly causing the snow to be sucked in to quickly.They have to be "offset" when you put the shear pin in or you're screwed and will have this problem.Pull one of the shear pins out and turn that auger 180 degrees and put the pin back in and I'm willing to bet you'll be
amazed at how fantastic it works.

Al
post a pic. should the ends that meet in the middle be offset form each other or should it form one continuous screw across

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Brian,
I'll try but not going to go through the hassle of creating some bs photobucket thing,so if I can't it won't be on here and if you'd just
email me: cwtireal@gmail.com I'll send it directly to you.

See how the center doesn't come to a point? I'm sure that yours does
and that's what the problem is with it plugging.Knock on wood..but I've
yet to plug mine and have purposely eaten into a big settled pile to the
point it's bugged down big time and it continues to spew a stream of snow
just like it's supposed to.

The simple fix is as I explaned before" pull the shear pin out of one side,rotate
that side 180 degrees like the picture shows,then re-install the shear pin.

Oh,and please let me know how it gobbles up the snow and spits it back out.
:)
Al

Attachments