Snow Blower for BX

Idahomestead

May 22, 2022
Idaho
I recently picked up a BX23S and am in the market for a snowblower. I found a lightly used BX5455HD with frame for a great deal that came off of a B2301. My dealer says that it won’t work for my tractor but I am seeing occasional posts online about the unit working for the BX series. Has anyone had experience with this combination?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I believe that it might be the mountings and driveshaft that are incorrect for your tractor. If you have to start buying parts to make it work, then it is no longer a bargain.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I've got the 23S with a front mounted snowblower. Cannot fully answer details at this time but it does in fact use a pretty specific K-Connect system to mount the snowblower. If the dealer says it won't work I would be quite trusting on that, but still do some diligence.
More tonight if I get a chance and remember........

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I have the BX5455 HD for my BX 25D and no, it will not mate up to your 23S. Different means of connecting the quick hitch, etc.
Great snowblower by the way! 😊

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I can't help you with specifics but when I bought my BX2380 last year, my dealer told me there was only 1 mounting system that'll fit the front of the BX. "K-Connect' something or another. He told me there are ones for the B series and LX series and whatnot that all look very similar, but they're not exactly the same.

I have to think he had my best interest in mind. He's likely been asked the same question 100 times (and I wasn't try to save pennies....I just wanted the best thing that'd work). And work it does ! (BX2830 in my case....not a typo)

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
I recently picked up a BX23S and am in the market for a snowblower. I found a lightly used BX5455HD with frame for a great deal that came off of a B2301. My dealer says that it won’t work for my tractor but I am seeing occasional posts online about the unit working for the BX series. Has anyone had experience with this combination?
I’m not familiar with that blower, but the B01 series and the BX series share snowblowers, but utilize different front mount setups. I have the BX2822A blower for my B2601, but it uses a B model hitch setup. You would need to find the appropriate front mount. I think Ritter bit will do uses that snow blower in his BX23S. Go check out his YouTube channel. He has a video showing him hooking up an older model blower to his new machine.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Just re-stating what the other guys said.

The BX5455 was made for BX and B tractors. You got one, a newer one.

The problem isn't the blower, it's the front hitch and mid-PTO the blower hooks to.

From what the other guys are saying, sounds like the front hitch for the BX5455 may not be compatible with the BX23S.

I can't confirm it, but your question should be centered around the hitch and mid-PTO, and not the blower.

This is the hitch for my BX2750D snowblower. Guessing one to fit your need would be similar. Just don’t know if it can hook to your BX23S.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Idahomestead

May 22, 2022
Idaho
Ok I was able to get a good explanation from another dealer. As you guys have said, the problem is not with the snowblower but with the way it attaches to the BX23s. Since it is set up for a B series, different attachments would be required. He says that BX2810 and BX2811 would be required changes. After installation costs, the switch would run about $2,500. I will keep looking.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You are being led down the path of confusion. That snowblower will mount to your BX23S if you change the lower sprocket to the K connect system and also change the mounting attachments to the K connect system. I have both, the old-style snowblower and the newer K connect snowblower and know for a fact that the chain-driven snowblowers are identical except for the 2 parts that I mentioned above. The newer HD snowblower that is gear driven is new to the BX23S, but it still uses all the same mounting hardware. I purchased a snowblower from a member on this site that was a parts unit, and he had purchased a used newer snowblower, and swapped the mentioned parts so the new style snowblower would work on his older tractor.
I don't have time today to dig out the 2 parts that you need to take pictures of them.

Idahomestead

May 22, 2022
Idaho
You are being led down the path of confusion. That snowblower will mount to your BX23S if you change the lower sprocket to the K connect system and also change the mounting attachments to the K connect system. I have both, the old-style snowblower and the newer K connect snowblower and know for a fact that the chain-driven snowblowers are identical except for the 2 parts that I mentioned above. The newer HD snowblower that is gear driven is new to the BX23S, but it still uses all the same mounting hardware. I purchased a snowblower from a member on this site that was a parts unit, and he had purchased a used newer snowblower, and swapped the mentioned parts so the new style snowblower would work on his older tractor.
I don't have time today to dig out the 2 parts that you need to take pictures of them.
Interesting. I would like to learn more about those parts so I can determine costs

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Go to Messicks.com and look up the parts for a BX2816, and the rear view shows all the parts that need to be changed. Some might not be necessary since it uses all the original mounting bolts. is the main part needed ($301.61) and the other part is #180 on the drive unit page ($223.17). Considering how expensive these parts have become, it probably isn't worth buying unless you can sell the parts that you are taking off. I have both of these items and a couple of years ago they were about $200 combined. I think that I attempted to sell them on one of the forums and there were no takers. I have a complete snowblower for parts should I ever need them, especially since the parts have gotten so expensive. Two years ago I purchased my K connect snowblower used 1 season from the dealer. It had hydraulic rotation and an electric hood deflector. I changed the hood deflector to hydraulic since I have the 3rd function valve.

Last edited:

Idahomestead

May 22, 2022
Idaho
Go to Messicks.com and look up the parts for a BX2816, and the rear view shows all the parts that need to be changed. Some might not be necessary since it uses all the original mounting bolts. is the main part needed ($301.61) and the other part is #180 on the drive unit page ($223.17). Considering how expensive these parts have become, it probably isn't worth buying unless you can sell the parts that you are taking off. I have both of these items and a couple of years ago they were about $200 combined. I think that I attempted to sell them on one of the forums and there were no takers. I have a complete snowblower for parts should I ever need them, especially since the parts have gotten so expensive. Two years ago I purchased my K connect snowblower used 1 season from the dealer for $2200. It had hydraulic rotation and an electric hood deflector. I changed the hood deflector to hydraulic since I have the 3rd function valve.
It is amazing how expensive these implements are now. I already have a belt driven 42in snow blower for my mower and I may end up just sticking with that. I am sure the Kubota blower would be an improvement over what I have but I wonder if it would be worth the expense and hassle.