Snow blower for B7200 HST

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You sure you have the right letter and number combination for the snowblower?

I can't find one, anywhere?

The B7200HSTD used a B2551 snowblower, and even then there were alot of options to parts,frames and drives for that blower, so not all of them would be a direct hook up without other parts.

Nathan Pelletier

Equipment
B7200 HST
Mar 1, 2019
Coldstream
Yes - not a lot of information on-line for this one. From what I've gathered, it's an economy version for the B7100, and links back to the 3 pt hitch rather than having front hydraulics... There's an example on the tractornet forum (unfortunately, I can't post a link as I'm new to this forum)...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If it's a three point model, then yes 100% it will work. ;)

tealetm

Equipment
B7200 and B2601
Apr 20, 2015
Upstate, NY
Yes as he said the B2551 comes in many variations so make sure its correct. If its a rear mount and runs off the rear PTO it will be universal.

There were two different front mount kits that came with the B2551 that I know about, and parts to go back and forth between them to fit your tractor are very expensive (if you can find them).

Driver57

Equipment
Kubota B7200HST
May 13, 2018
Maine
You sure you have the right letter and number combination for the snowblower?

I can't find one, anywhere?

The B7200HSTD used a B2551 snowblower, and even then there were alot of options to parts,frames and drives for that blower, so not all of them would be a direct hook up without other parts.
This is a B2551 on my B7200HST. Planning on repainting it this summer.

Attachments

NicO

Equipment
Kubota B7200
Jan 29, 2021
BC, Canada
Yes as he said the B2551 comes in many variations so make sure its correct. If its a rear mount and runs off the rear PTO it will be universal.

There were two different front mount kits that came with the B2551 that I know about, and parts to go back and forth between them to fit your tractor are very expensive (if you can find them).
hi, I have acquired a B2551 blower with a B7200D tractor.
A bit of an annoying scenario, the guy I bought it all from never used the tractor or the blower so wasn’t able to provide much info/help. He bought it all off an old man who has passed away now. Im convinced the blower was always used in the front, I have the sub-frame but figured out that I’m missing the PTO clutch and PTO shaft extension. As far as I can tell I’m able to mount this model on the rear too, which would actually suit me better, but I don’t have a 3pt frame to fit the blower (thinking I could just have one built if it were needed).
after doing some reading it seems that it might be geared differently for front and rear PTO, trying to figure out which ration is for which?
Also, do I need a specific PTO extension for rear mount or are they fairly generic? (First tractor, first tractor forum).
Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers

Berry

Equipment
B7200HST B2551 Blower Scraper Flail Mower Chipper Log Splitter
Jun 7, 2020
Bancroft Ontario
I just finished mounting my B2550 blower to my B7200HST. This blower came with the tractor when I purchased it a few years back. Mine did not have a PTO clutch, only a shaft about 30" long with a universal at both ends mounted to the mid PTO with a second telescopic shaft mounted up front to the blower. The PTO operates on the high range with the engine operating at maximum about 2400 rpm. I can tell you that it is very important with the front loaded blower that everything is good and secure and everything is well maintained,. I had to completely dismantle the chain reduction on the blower, replace the bearings, clean and lube the chain. I found out the hard way that the front shaft operates exactly the same as a rear PTO shaft. The outer shell of the shaft which is steel must also float freely from the inner square shaft. Mine was siezed and turned with the shaft. It was telescopic but would not turn freely. Inside is a nylon bushing that was seized on mine. Im sure the parts breakdown wont show you this. So i think it is wise to examine and clean every part especially if it has been sitting a long time. VIBRATION is key to look out for. One other note when mounting the blower to the frame, there are two pins, one one each side. These pins go into one of three holes on the frame. Because of clearance reasons, I had to use the top hole. Look for clearance between the front shaft and the base bolts that hold the frame together. This is important when you lift the blower up and down. On mine, the shaft is mounted directly over one of the bolts which was installed with the nut on top. I reversed it to obtain more clearance. Now with no vibration and good clearance, it is working pretty good. Hope this helps

NicO

Equipment
Kubota B7200
Jan 29, 2021
BC, Canada
I just finished mounting my B2550 blower to my B7200HST. This blower came with the tractor when I purchased it a few years back. Mine did not have a PTO clutch, only a shaft about 30" long with a universal at both ends mounted to the mid PTO with a second telescopic shaft mounted up front to the blower. The PTO operates on the high range with the engine operating at maximum about 2400 rpm. I can tell you that it is very important with the front loaded blower that everything is good and secure and everything is well maintained,. I had to completely dismantle the chain reduction on the blower, replace the bearings, clean and lube the chain. I found out the hard way that the front shaft operates exactly the same as a rear PTO shaft. The outer shell of the shaft which is steel must also float freely from the inner square shaft. Mine was siezed and turned with the shaft. It was telescopic but would not turn freely. Inside is a nylon bushing that was seized on mine. Im sure the parts breakdown wont show you this. So i think it is wise to examine and clean every part especially if it has been sitting a long time. VIBRATION is key to look out for. One other note when mounting the blower to the frame, there are two pins, one one each side. These pins go into one of three holes on the frame. Because of clearance reasons, I had to use the top hole. Look for clearance between the front shaft and the base bolts that hold the frame together. This is important when you lift the blower up and down. On mine, the shaft is mounted directly over one of the bolts which was installed with the nut on top. I reversed it to obtain more clearance. Now with no vibration and good clearance, it is working pretty good. Hope this helps
thanks for this, very helpful. I’m pretty
sure mine was used with the front PTO position because the switch for the electric clutch is present. I also have a hand written note on the manual that a clutch and shaft were purchased separately.
very frustrating as I’m sure these parts are at the original owners property somewhere but I can’t access them.
if I can figure out mounting it on the rear then from what I can understand I will have to gear it differently.

NicO

Equipment
Kubota B7200
Jan 29, 2021
BC, Canada
Hi there, do you still have your rear mounted b2551 blower??
I’m going to have to get an A frame fabricated for this i think, or at least the top hitch part that joins the A frame to the top of the blower next to the chute.
If you still have yours could you do me a favour and take a bunch of measurements for me?
Also if possible, a photo looking straight back from the A frame to the blower. I’m trying to get a feel for how the upper part of the frame reaches to the blower. It seems that it doesn’t attach to the centre of the blower, so it must have a kink in it. Is that right?

cheers

NicO

Equipment
Kubota B7200
Jan 29, 2021
BC, Canada
Hi, could you do me a favour and measure the length of your PTO shaft to your blower and measure the length of the mounting arms on the blower. Gonna need to adapt mine and hoping to make a PTO shaft that I already have work.
worried it’s going to put the blower super close to the rear of the tractor (not even sure that will be an issue yet).
The PTO shaft I have is only 29” long so my mounting arms will have to be only like 8” long. Can you see that being an issue?
cheers

Driver57

Equipment
Kubota B7200HST
May 13, 2018
Maine
Hi, could you do me a favour and measure the length of your PTO shaft to your blower and measure the length of the mounting arms on the blower. Gonna need to adapt mine and hoping to make a PTO shaft that I already have work.
worried it’s going to put the blower super close to the rear of the tractor (not even sure that will be an issue yet).
The PTO shaft I have is only 29” long so my mounting arms will have to be only like 8” long. Can you see that being an issue?
cheers
Sorry I took so long to reply.
The frame that attaches the blower to the three point is 23 3/4” outside diameter, not counting the pins. It is 15” from the bottom to the top.

The driveshaft length is 27”. Tomorrow I will be around if you need any other measurements.
3F11E082-3601-478F-9D35-248B1A0B69BB.jpeg

Attachments

NicO

Equipment
Kubota B7200
Jan 29, 2021
BC, Canada
That’s super helpful. I ended up sourcing a frame from someone’s old broken log splitter which so I made some mounting arms to fit. Was a couple of inches wider than I needed so I made wider arms to match. Just need to source a PTO shaft now that will work. The Kubota dealer nearest to me is stating C$630 for the original spec PTO shaft. Surely I can source one way cheaper than that!!??
I was hoping to use the PTO shaft from the log splitter too as it seemed to have the correct ends but something is not working on the tractor end. 🤷🏼‍♂️.
Thanks very much for the photos, very helpful.

Attachments

Driver57

Equipment
Kubota B7200HST
May 13, 2018
Maine
That’s super helpful. I ended up sourcing a frame from someone’s old broken log splitter which so I made some mounting arms to fit. Was a couple of inches wider than I needed so I made wider arms to match. Just need to source a PTO shaft now that will work. The Kubota dealer nearest to me is stating C$630 for the original spec PTO shaft. Surely I can source one way cheaper than that!!??
I was hoping to use the PTO shaft from the log splitter too as it seemed to have the correct ends but something is not working on the tractor end. 🤷🏼‍♂️.
Thanks very much for the photos, very helpful.
WOW! That’s a lot of money for a small driveshaft. A machine shop might be able to modify one cheaper.

Glad to help. Let me know if there any other measurements or photos you need

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
Any standard issue 1 3/8'' 6-spline driveshaft around the correct length should work. The hard part is figuring out what the kubota snowblower drive unit uses. It's hard to tell from your pic, but it appears to be a smooth bore with keyway and through bolt. That's exactly how my Meteor is setup. So maybe that's common to snowblowers?

NicO

Equipment
Kubota B7200
Jan 29, 2021
BC, Canada
Any standard issue 1 3/8'' 6-spline driveshaft around the correct length should work. The hard part is figuring out what the kubota snowblower drive unit uses. It's hard to tell from your pic, but it appears to be a smooth bore with keyway and through bolt. That's exactly how my Meteor is setup. So maybe that's common to snowblowers?
That’s what I thought. Randomly the PTO shaft that I have has the exact same keyed yoke for the blower, it’s just got a weird end for the tractor. I think it may have been incorrectly secured and used and become a bit mangled as a result. The splines start off really narrow and then half way down (just after the locking balls) the splines seems to become normal width but I can’t get it to slip down the whole way. I think a small lip has developed which is stopping it. Reluctant to try and file it down to make it fit as I will only have 1/2 the contact as the splines are too narrow. Very odd!

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
That’s what I thought. Randomly the PTO shaft that I have has the exact same keyed yoke for the blower, it’s just got a weird end for the tractor. I think it may have been incorrectly secured and used and become a bit mangled as a result. The splines start off really narrow and then half way down (just after the locking balls) the splines seems to become normal width but I can’t get it to slip down the whole way. I think a small lip has developed which is stopping it. Reluctant to try and file it down to make it fit as I will only have 1/2 the contact as the splines are too narrow. Very odd!
Yeah that does sound odd. Maybe it wasn't greased and wore funny. You should be able to replace just the tractor end from the u-joint on. I'd check for a casting number. You can also mic the joint dimensions and that will tell you what type of driveshaft you have.