Snow blade for my b2620

wills670

Equipment
b2620
Jun 3, 2012
Virginia
I am going to make some custom mounts for my b2620 and figured I would share. I had bought two blades and used the best parts for my old bx2200 and now I want to make one for new tractor using the leftovers.

I am going a different route this time and not use the loader arm brackets and adding a double acting cly. for the left/right function. I had checked into prices on Kubotas factory blade and then checked prices on a plasma cutter and figured I could fix what I have for a little less or about even verus a factory blade and end up with a plasma cutter for more projects later.:D And yes the plasma cutter is very nice it is amazing what that little thing will do.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
<<< figured I could fix what I have for a little less or about even verus a factory blade and end up with a plasma cutter for more projects later>>>

I like that kind of thinking!

wills670

Equipment
b2620
Jun 3, 2012
Virginia
Made a little progress on the mounting for the snow blade. I want this where I will not have to remove any mounts and just drop the fel and hook up the blade. Hopefully it will be a lttle better than a new Kubota blade where a lot of stuff has to be removed to use the fel. The lower white line in the picture is where the bottom bracket will pin to and the square hole is for a reese hitch.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Good start, Be sure that you have bracing further back on the frame or the plate will act as a lever and the fulcrum point will be where that notch and bolt hole in the frame is causing a fracture failure in the frame. I found out the hard way with a snow blade. The forces exerted are tremendous. Thats why factory mounts connect from front to rear diff. making everything rigid. They then make the blade attachment low to the ground so it exerts evenly on the whole machine. I like the idea of the reese attachment being included too! Keep up the great work.

Also, I see the blast cabinet in the background. I'd like to have one, but i haven't seen/talked to anyone whom has one. Thoughts on owning one? Thx.

wills670

Equipment
b2620
Jun 3, 2012
Virginia
Thanks.... I am planning on a brace from the bottom to the fel/bh brackets. I want to make it where the braceing stays and the ft. linkage for the belly mower will work without removing anything. The reese hitch may serve two functions first for the obvious and second in case the hyd. cly. will not work in the tow hook eye I will make a bracket off of the reese hitch to attach a cly.

On the blast cabinet it is very nise to have when you need one. If you do very much fab work it is unreplaceable but if not it takes up room. It can be messy if you don't run a vacum with a good filter.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I really like what you did with the BX2200! Nice work.

wills670

Equipment
b2620
Jun 3, 2012
Virginia

Also, I see the blast cabinet in the background. I'd like to have one, but i haven't seen/talked to anyone whom has one. Thoughts on owning one? Thx.
Here is the results of the blast cabinet. I got the lower bracket off of the old one, ground it and then sandblasted. Then I went to Northern tool after work and got the reese hitch recever took off the powdercoat, rewelded the outter flange and reblasted it. Maybe tomorrow I will get the lower bracket welded on and the reese hitch.

wills670

Equipment
b2620
Jun 3, 2012
Virginia
More progress pictures. I got the stuff for the tractor mount welded on and put a light coat of primer on it now I need to make the lower brackets and mounts to reinforce the lower half. It ended up being close but with the fel as far down as it will go I have 1/2 to 3/4 inches but thats all that I need as long as it does not hit I do not see a problem.

wills670

Equipment
b2620
Jun 3, 2012
Virginia
I got part of the lower brackets made this evening the alum. pieces are just so I can see what I need to do to the other brackets and will be replaced with 3/8 strap after I get the other brackets made.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Great job! I could never cut steel so well. Keep the pictures coming!

wills670

Equipment
b2620
Jun 3, 2012
Virginia
Here is a few more with paint. I need to come up with a rod for the ft. belly mower to release the linkage and no matter what I did with the lower brace's I still have a clearance issue with the tires granted its when the axle is as far as it will go down and the steering turned as sharp as you can get it. I think I may get some spacers for the ft. wheels and it will also help the stability of the tractor with a larger foot print up ft. and also get the clearance I need.

When I started this I wanted the plow stuff to stay on so I can get a set of spacers and if need be and the spacers cause damage I will just have to fix it.

Now I need to start on repairing the frame to the blade.

wills670

Equipment
b2620
Jun 3, 2012
Virginia
Just a little more to go. I need to do some more metal work, paint and then get the hose's made. The blue paint was just to keep it from rusting while I had other things to do.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
That looks really nice ,,,, but dayummmm thats a bunch of iron hangin off the front end!

wills670

Equipment
b2620
Jun 3, 2012
Virginia
Thanks for the comments. I got everything painted today now it just needs to dry. I bought the hose's and fittings yesterday so hopefully Saturday I will have it finished.

wills670

Equipment
b2620
Jun 3, 2012
Virginia
It is getting closer to being done. I just need to repair the grill guard where I had to cut it because I added thickness to the frame rails. I am going to weld a piece in it and then weld angle iron on the bottom of the bars and add one piece down lower and bend it the same contour of the outer braces and then I am going to get some expanded metal and attach it with bolts to the angle. And I also need to paint the hose ends so I can just get black caps for the quick connects and match the colors.

It seems to work great and the hyds. are very smooth and not jerky so I think it will serve my needs well. I ended up with about 800.00 to 1000.00 in it not counting the plasma cutter I bought. I also ended up doing what I set out to do and thats make it a quick connect setup where I can still use the mmm and fel without removeing the hitch. And yes it was a Kubota blade and I did cut it down to 5' 2" the reason for the 2 inches was to maintain the end bolts on the cutting edge.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Nice work. I fully support the logic of buying tools and material instead of paying for new off the shelf parts, plus you've added the extra functionality you wanted.

South 40

Equipment
L1500DT, 750 Ford backhoe, 49 D4 Cat Repowered with 6.9L Diesel
Nov 12, 2012
Bloomsdale, Mo. USA
WOW, that is very impressive, professional looking and shows great attention to detail! :cool:

Best Regards

Paul