Smoothing half-finished gravel driveway

Skidude108

Equipment
L3240 HST
Oct 20, 2022
Maine
if all else fails, simply follow this guy's lead. He ended up with a freshly graded driveway... using his trailer.

(I warned you guys that I would reference this thread whenever this topic comes up)
Yikes! I'm no stranger to trailers, but I am pretty new to loading and unloading them with tractors (most of my experience has been boat trailers). That's a good lesson in what not to do.

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Yikes! I'm no stranger to trailers, but I am pretty new to loading and unloading them with tractors (most of my experience has been boat trailers). That's a good lesson in what not to do.
I'll bet it will stick in your mind...that's a good thing to keep in memory.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am in the Northeast corner of CT and we went down about 24" and removed all that soil and put in crusher run. I can't count the number of times that very large boulders have pushed up under the asphalt driveway and had to be dug out and the driveway repaired. Every winter the frost will bring them to the surface. The only place that they don't seem to come to the surface is where we went down deep to bury the stumps and removed the boulders first. I should have had someone come in with a rock crusher because they would have had a week's worth of rock to process. The asphalt company that I used to use has closed down and no one else wants to deal with boulders. It requires an excavator to remove some of them because of their weight.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
if all else fails, simply follow this guy's lead. He ended up with a freshly graded driveway... using his trailer.

(I warned you guys that I would reference this thread whenever this topic comes up)

OMG that was funny....I can't stop watching it and laughing my a$$ off..

Thank you!!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
DR, they sell a 'magical powder' now. drill holes in boulder,mic potion with water, fil holes, go to bed. Magically ,overnight the boulder splits in two ! Really, I've seen it work !!