small grass clippings getting past the single stage air filter on bx1880

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Run after full assembly I believe. Might be wrong but I don't believe they never start and run a motor or a finished product at the factory before shipment.
There is a HUGE difference between starting an engine and breaking one in before shipping. The engines were run for a few minutes and the systems were checked before the product was packaged.
Any engine with an ECU will tell you down to the hundredths of an hour of run time using Diagmaster, or you can look at the hour meter on the dash for time to the tenths of engine run time.
The most I have ever seen on a new unit that's in a crate was less than .30, which is a little less than what it would take to "break in" the engine.

TheMurf

Equipment
BX1880.with loader and 48 inch deck. 1990 Gravel 12G Riding tractor.
Jun 25, 2022
Upstate New York
There is a HUGE difference between starting an engine and breaking one in before shipping. The engines were run for a few minutes and the systems were checked before the product was packaged.
Any engine with an ECU will tell you down to the hundredths of an hour of run time using Diagmaster, or you can look at the hour meter on the dash for time to the tenths of engine run time.
The most I have ever seen on a new unit that's in a crate was less than .30, which is a little less than what it would take to "break in" the engine.

I agree, I think the motors are run through testing and diagnostics before being installed, therefore no hours on the clock. Varying rpms and throttle settings is recommended for the first fifty miles or so on a Harley the same is probably true on a tractor..My BX has 42 hours on it exactly in a year or so of use. Two hours of use about everytime I use it. No sign of oil consumption,etc. Probably one of the best investments I have made.