Slow leaks?

Slowpoke500

New member

Equipment
Kubota L3302, loader, Grapple, bush hog
Jan 1, 2026
1
0
1
NC
I bought a new L3302. After about 70 hours one of the front tires lost pressure and separated from the rim. I aired it up and found that there was a very slight leak in a couple of places at the bead. I have to reinflate it every couple of days. About 15 hours later, the other side did the same thing. I’ll have to tube them. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem with Kubota compact factory B14 tires.
 

PoTreeBoy

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
3,975
2,463
113
WestTn/NoMs
Unless you've damaged the bead seal or rim, you shouldn't need tubes. Dismount the tires, clean and inspect the beads and wheels, and reinstall the tires if not damaged.

Sounds like you're not running enough pressure in the fronts. Also, assuming you're using a front loader, do you have ballast weight on the 3ph?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Well-known member

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
4,121
5,573
113
Michigan
I am not normally a fan of adding stuff to tires, however, I did get some of that Kubota brand leak stopper and put it in my front tires.

I mainly put it in as a preventative thing, in case I picked up a nail or something.

Which puts me in a wierd spot......I can't say if it works or not, but I don't have any leaks????

They claim that it is "water soluble" so it is easily washed off, but it can prevent pretty big holes from leaking....

Might be worth a shot? 🤷‍♂️


EDIT: Way back "in the day", when I was a budding mechanic, I/we used a "black goo" that was applied with the brush (that was integral to the cans top)...It was specifically for bead leaks that would not seal.

I can see the can in my head, but can't remember the name brand of it. Worked great though.

That was 40 years ago, so I'm not sure if they still make it.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caden

Active member

Equipment
1979 B7100
Apr 16, 2026
345
194
43
Virginia
Well if you ran it and it separated from the rim, then it would have been easy for some dirt of debris to get on the bead, therefore not making good seal until you clean it up.

A front tire needs sufficient air, otherwise the side load and pressure that comes with using a loader will be problematic for you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 users

William1

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D, JD X754 AWS Mower
Jul 28, 2015
1,480
672
113
Richmond, Virginia
I am not normally a fan of adding stuff to tires, however, I did get some of that Kubota brand leak stopper and put it in my front tires.

I mainly put it in as a preventative thing, in case I picked up a nail or something.

Which puts me in a wierd spot......I can't say if it works or not, but I don't have any leaks????

They claim that it is "water soluble" so it is easily washed off, but it can prevent pretty big holes from leaking....

Might be worth a shot? 🤷‍♂️


EDIT: Way back "in the day", when I was a budding mechanic, I/we used a "black goo" that was applied with the brush (that was integral to the cans top)...It was specifically for bead leaks that would not seal.

I can see the can in my head, but can't remember the name brand of it. Worked great though.

That was 40 years ago, so I'm not sure if they still make it.
This stuff... Liberally apply, air up, wait half an hour and wipe off the squeeze out.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

OntheRidge

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
503
591
93
25427
It's new, make the dealer fix it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

BAP

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
3,205
1,319
113
New Hampshire
It's new, make the dealer fix it.
Dealer will not fix a tire issue on a 70hr tractor for free. If the tire went flat right after it came off the delivery truck they might, but not after using it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thomas Brown

New member
Oct 6, 2026
2
0
1
London
I haven't had that exact problem with the L3302, but having both front tires lose pressure at the bead with such low hours would make me suspicious of the tires or the bead seating rather than normal wear.

Before putting tubes in, I'd have the dealer take a look at them. If they're leaking from multiple spots around the bead, I'd want to know whether the beads were properly seated and whether there is any damage or corrosion on the rims.

With only around 85 hours on a new tractor, I'd definitely push the dealer to address it under warranty before spending money on tubes.