Sloppy joystick

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dony you just hate it when your joy stick gets sloppy..... Sorry but somebody had to do it,,,,lol
Wolfman probably has the drawing for it and I don't think a rebuild would be to hard or out of the question

Central Joe

Equipment
B7100 Grading Blade Disc Roto Tiller Scarifer Rake 48" Finish Mower
Mar 26, 2015
South Carolina
I think Paul Short has a video on your problem, or it is addressed in one of his videos. joe

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Define 'sloppy'.

If it's just rattling around while on the center detents, then you can usually adjust the play out of it in some fashion.

If it's inaccurate when using the spools (different results for the same position of stick) then your spools are worn and either need rebuilding or replacing. A decent hydraulic shop or a well outfitted machine shop can do it for you if you don't want to take it on yourself. There are usually rebuild kits out there.

Some of the modern Chinese stuff is actually so inexpensive the new units are cheaper than the rebuild kits, but it is modern Chinese stuff... :rolleyes:

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
It is not the hydraulic block ,it is the mechanical joystick itself.
So, you'll probably see several points where the joystick has pivots and links. You'll need to tighten up those pivot points and links.

Sometimes you can do this with some inserts, washers or new pins/bolts. You want the points to be loose enough to easily move but not to rattle loosely, which causes the looseness in the joystick.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I had to repair the pivot point on the lower part, welded a bolt and added a spring,and locknut to keep yoke from flopping it worked very well.