Skid plate

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
If you are running without a mower deck, bxpanded under armor. It goes on and off in seconds and simply hangs from the mower deck pins. Lead time is usually 6-8 weeks but its worth the wait. Bro-Tek has a version that is like tank armor but is a little more involved to take on and off. I used bxpanded on my own BX and Bro-Tek on a family members BX.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I agree with B737 .....

I bought the armor from BXPANDED back 7 years ago -

I can take it off WITHOUT lowering the MMM brackets ......

Simply climb under - push up on plate, turn spring bolt and it pops down, repeat on other side...... DONE....

well made and well worth the price!

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Thanks, guys. I’ll check those out. I won’t need it for awhile, snow is too deep.
If you are operating in deep snow you may need it before you think. If snow or ice gets pushed up to the HST fan it can and probably will cause damage to the HST fan. Hard packed snow or ice is capable of doing a lot of damage.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I made mine out of an old street sign I ,,,ahhh found

Reactions: 1 user

Nodlenor

Equipment
BX2380 w/loader, tiller, blade, dirt scoup, & Woods 5' 3 pt. mower.
Nov 22, 2020
North central Missouri
Thanks all, I put in an order for a BXpanded skid plate today. They said to allow 4 weeks for delivery, hopefully the snow won't get much deeper. I looked under it and I'm good so far. Normally I don't get in very rough places, but it won't hurt to have anyway.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
If you are running without a mower deck, bxpanded under armor. It goes on and off in seconds and simply hangs from the mower deck pins. Lead time is usually 6-8 weeks but its worth the wait. Bro-Tek has a version that is like tank armor but is a little more involved to take on and off. I used bxpanded on my own BX and Bro-Tek on a family members BX.
I keep my MMM on nearly all the time so I have not worried much, like B737 says.

Without the MMM, protection for that fan on the BX tractors is imperative. Even the newer models, which have an attempt at protection, are lacking really. One of the aftermarket products mentioned in this thread is a wise investment...The fan is cheap, but replacing it is either very time consuming (for DIY) or expensive if you pay someone to replace it for you.