Skid Plate for a BX25D

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
As a new proud owner of a BX25D I am looking to ensure it's properly looked after. I read many folks suggesting a skid kit as one of the first things to consider to protect the plastic (transmission?) fan down under. When I got looking under the frame I noticed a factory installed skid plate that appears to protect the fan is already in place. Is this new to the BX25D?
Cheers
Andy

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
that plate was new in the 2013 model.....HOWeVeR.....it aint enough.....trust us when we say that......

to replace the fan - you'll need about $15 ....and a hellva lot of time! Unless you want to do the split fan method.

this is money well spent:

http://bxpanded.com/under-armor

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
Thanks - any reason you picked the BXpanded over the Bro-tek? I gather the Bro-tek has a a panel that makes oil changes easier.

Last edited:

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
It is fairly equal, but the BXpanded is easier on/off I thought. The Bro-Tek is a close second in my research but get one or make your own so you can be safe using it off the grass & roads.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks - any reason you picked the BXpanded over the Bro-tek? I gather the Bro-tek has a a panel that makes oil changes easier.
Andy,

I picked BX's version due to how it "bolts" on and the cost.
Don't get me wrong, the Bro-tek version is very nice and I bought my spacers from them, they are well made and service was fantastic.

The Bxpanded version is one piece, turn your MMM lock off, lower and pop two pins and it is off. The way it "locks" on towards the rear is genius.

True - you must remove it to change hydraulic filter, fuel filter etc. But it takes less time to drop it than finding your oil wrench to pull your filter!:eek::)

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Either way you go, or you can custom fab your own, butt the extra protection is well worth it! I do like the way it attaches to the MMM pins for easy and quick removal. The first time you get off your tractor, and see you are dragging half a. tree from your undercarriage you will be glad you have a skid plate!

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I too, bought the BX-Expanded due to its' easy on-easy off. Only part I did not like was the quality of the spacers they used on the front mounts. VERY cheap thin walled (like 1/32" thick walls) conduit like tubing that when the bolts were tightened, began to crush. So I took the spacer and a mounting bolt to Lowe's and matched up/found (1/8"???) thick walled spacers-crush proof.

First time using my tractor I high sided trying to cross a muddy stream. Tractor sat on the skid plate. I had to get a neighbor with his larger Kubota to pull me free. I was stuck but good. Skid plate laughed at it!

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
BX Under armor arrived yesterday, installed today. Looks to be a good solid unit, installed easily and you do have the love the neat on/off design. Thanks to all for the advice.