Size Question

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Hmmm... my L3200 feels like the 60" is about maximum, but maybe I was working the mower too hard in the heavy stuff. 72" might work in lighter stuff that's regularly mowed. Maybe I'm under selling the power and it just feels a little burdened...

Now you're making me wonder if I could've gotten a 72" on the machine darn it! Thanks GP... :rolleyes: :D
I agree, 60" is all I would want on my L3000. :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I been told size don't matter but I think she was just trying to make me feel good:rolleyes:

dtbprc

Equipment
BX2230
Oct 21, 2014
Auburn Township, OH
www.youtube.com
my BX2230 was bought used and is still worth more than what I paid for it with minimal maint cost. try craigslist, people are on hard times and are selling now. 3 acres (all grass), snow belt (northeast OH), and have the large belly mower and hydraulic plow. This works fine for me.

over 3 years- new bearings in one spindle, new throttle cable, new fuel fuse (to cut off fuel when you turn it off), new gasket on one knuckle of the front end (had dealer do this one), new mower belt, repair of glowplugs 12v line (did myself using google youtube vid to find broken wire at keyswitch), rewire headlights and switch, plus normal filters, oils, lube etc...

when something breaks, you fix it quick so the tractor is always in good running condition.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I been told size don't matter but I think she was just trying to make me feel good:rolleyes:
you are killing me !!!!! rotflmao! damnit - now i have to go back to work! :D

happy holloween !

JakeMate

Equipment
B2320
Oct 15, 2014
Waxhaw
I've got a new B2320 with LA304 loader on 10 mostly wooded acres. It's only about a month old and I've used it to aerate my 1.5 acres of grass and maintain my gravel driveway and road with a 5 ft box scrape. So far it seems adequate. Good luck with your decision.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I can't comment on what my wife says about size:eek::rolleyes::p I married a red headed texan :D:D

Growing up we had an l2250 on 100 plus acres. 10 acres of field and pasture. The rest was forest and sugar works. Had a 3ph logging winch, 6 ft sickle bar mower, 60" bush hog, scraper blade, and antique tow behind road grader, Plus old manure spreader that was gutted and used for a wood hauler. And a home built pto driven wood splitter, and 60" rototiller.

Used to mow around 100 acres for side money during the summer, and log all winter. Not to meantion hauling sap out of the woods in the spring from the sugar works. For the smaller size, we didn't have any issues. Used to be able to hook 3 to 5 big trees to the winch, and drag up hill to the landings with out much issue. Occasionally would have to drop one log, pull the rest over the top, and run the cable back down for the last one:cool:
I think you would be happy with either of the l series. Even with the smaller one. You start pushing it, and you will be really suprised at what they can do

Bmello

Equipment
B2650
Oct 10, 2014
Creighton, missouri
Hey all

I know there are often size threads, but I have one for my specific property here that we just moved onto...(15 acres)

My needs:
- mowing (about half regularly, other half rough cut less often)
- large garden type work
- snow removal (long driveway, Canadian winters)
- occasional loader work for maintenance, clean up, leveling, etc.

The property is surrounded pretty well by trees but there aren't a ton of trees to maneuver around inside. I am looking for the right combination of power, traction, and ability to get jobs done decently quickly. I have a particular model in mind but am hoping for a bit of input on the subject and will add to the discussion after.

Edit - I should mention that there was no equipment left behind on the property so this tractor will be my go to piece of machinery for quite some time

I have approx 25 acres that are dense woods with a 3 acre lawn and a 5 acre field. I purchased a b2650 because it is somewhat smaller and easier to get around the property. 60" rotary cutter, box blade and front loader and it has performed extremely well. I tried an m series out for a weekend and it was just too big. While I would prefer more hp, I'm not limited by the 26 of the b2650. If I was farming, I'd probably want an m series in addition to the b2650 not in place. Not sure the wife would let me back in the house though!

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
What are you mowing that is so tuff?
Well, it's Texan stuff so you know it's tough... LOL!

Fairly dense, 3' - 5' high grass, even the occasional "bear grass" plant, which I have no idea why they call it 'grass' because it's a freaking cactus!

You can see it in the picture:

That's cut (foreground) uncut (behind it). What you are seeing behind the tractor is a 'lighter patch' of the stuff.

I chewed down the occasionally Mesquite saplings as well. They are brittle so just noisy, not overly hard on the unit. That 'bear grass' stuff is tough, fiberous and brutal on the mower, but it dealt with it.

I have to admit, I had a financial incentive to go with the 60" unit. He said he would sell me a 72" unit but he had a deal running on the 60" and it was it last of the older model so he discounted it even further. The 72" unit would've cost me $350 more, so yeah, I guess I could swing a 72" but he said the 60" was a better fit for most people on the 32hp unit. If I was getting the 36 or 38 hp unit he would clearly recommend the 72".

Last edited:

Jake71

Equipment
Hustler Xonei 60" ZT, B2601, Landpride GS1548, TITAN HD Receiver Hitch
Nov 14, 2014
Wamego, Kansas
Hello Everyone,
I am brand new to this site and forums. I have been doing a lot of research on which Kubota model to purchase. I am at least 2 years away from being able to put one in the budget. We recently had our house built on approx 5 acres with some wooded and some field. I understand any advice on current Kubota products will most likely change by the time I get around to purchasing one however I'd just like some educated advice.

I mostly plan on clearing some downed trees, landscaping, driveway maintenance, and so on. I plan on having approximately a 1/2 to 3/4 acre pond built and using he tractor for finalization and touch up. I plan on building a shop someday and using the tractor for that project as well. I DO NOT plan on mowing with the tractor. I already have a Hustler 60" zero turn that I use for that.

I'm leaning towards the L3560 with FEL. I live in Kansas and I really don't want to be exposed to the winter winds while clearing the driveway therefore I was definitely going to splurge on a cab. I understand using the FEL for snow removal is the worst but I have a gravel driveway and I'd rather not re-distribute my gravel into the yard while using a blade.

I also plan on installing my own irrigation system in the future after my grading is completed. I plan on getting an after market (WoodMax or Liberty) backhoe.

My budget will be probably around the $28,000 to lower $30,000 range. The local Kubota dealer is approximately 2 miles down the road and I've heard great things about them. I have friends that have used them for much smaller machines.

Thoughts, questions, comments?

Sorry if this seems out of line or is not in the right place. I'm a Noob of sorts at forums.

Thanks for your time!
Jake