Simple Kubota Loader mounting pin mod

Maine Farmer

Equipment
M6040, m6800, IH 1066 hydro, jd3020
Sep 5, 2021
Maine
Now the farm is in deep winter, I figured I would get around to posting some of the Kubota projects from this fall/winter. This fall while greasing my LA1153 loader on my M6040 kubota, I saw one of the rear main attaching pins that holds the loader onto the tractor had popped loose and was part way out of the loader bracket! So, basically my kubota loader almost fell off and/or twisted the loader frame. Looking online there have been some more complicated fixes using springs and roll pins but I used what I had on hand and this is what I came up with. Kubota loader pin mod Just takes a-couple of minutes with a drill and two hitch pin clips. Quick and easy fix, and even if the odds aren’t great of it happening again, it’s still cheap insurance!
If you check out the link above, it is a YouTube video showing how to do this loader pin modification.

Reactions: 8 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Necessity is the mother of invention once again. Simple and very effective!

Reactions: 1 user

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Very elegant solution. I've not had the problem but can certainly apply an ounce of prevention. Thank you for sharing.

retiree-urgency abandoned

Equipment
B3350, Kub. 5" rotary cutter, LP 48" forks, Titan Aerial Platform, KK XB Dump
Dec 1, 2020
Bloomington, IN
Had a serious pucker moment on Monday, so I decided to add to this post. The other day I was moving some concrete slabs with forks on the FEL. As I was stacking them, I had the forks at max height (fortunately empty), when I heard a creaking sound and it wasn't a good creaking. Discovered that one of my FEL frame mounting pins had fallen off. Couldn't lower the FEL, because they wanted to twist across the hood, so pulled up to a tree and rested them (at full height) against the tree to support them in proper alignment. I lucked out, the renegade pin was not under the pile of slabs, so I found it and reinstalled it.

After my slab cleanup and hopped onto OTT to look for a solution - never want that to happen to me again. Found the original post (below) and decided to tweak it a bit for my B3350. Photos show original pin, then mods. The hole for the retaining bar on the B3350 is much larger than the retaining bar - so there's too much play there.

I cut 2 pieces of reinforced rubber tubing I had laying around (1" OD x 2.5" long) as inserts to eliminate some of the play from the oversized hole.

I drilled a hole in the flattened part of the retaining bar on the pin to accept a hitch pin.

I slipped the rubber tube over the lower end of the retainer bar, put a 1-3/8" x 9/16" washer under the rubber tube and then inserted the hitch pin to hold it all in place.

Now I can see the washer when I'm in the seat - if I can't see the washers on both pins, it's time to drive back to the barn.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user