sighhhhhh. GM Electrical problem need help

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
My guess would be rust! Enough has built up that a new sensor won't sit close enough to the reluctor ring, but the old one will. This could be because the aftermarket is slightly shorter than OEM, different magnet, etc.
I get an abs light and code c0035 by just plugging the new one into the truck side connector with the rest of the sensor dangling on the ground not even hooked to the wheel hub, delete the code it comes right back. Ive had it both fully installed and not installed just plugged in both result in abs light and code.
Plugging the old one back in same scenario dangling on the ground or fully installed , abs goes out and no longer any codes. I drove about 150 miles today no issues at all. bumpy roads, wet, dry etc. with the old sensor.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Check the pin fit in the connector for the abs sensor.

edit: another thought…have you plugged the new sensor into the passenger side and see if the new sensor will set the code for the passenger front?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Check the pin fit in the connector for the abs sensor.

edit: another thought…have you plugged the new sensor into the passenger side and see if the new sensor will set the code for the passenger front?
I did look close at those pins and sockets and didnt see any green or anything abnormal. I did NOT try the new over on the pass side to see what happens though. Ill have to try this weekend, but what would it mean if it did or didnt?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I did look close at those pins and sockets and didnt see any green or anything abnormal. I did NOT try the new over on the pass side to see what happens though. Ill have to try this weekend, but what would it mean if it did or didnt?
you need an individual pin to slide in the connector terminals and check the tension of the pin fit. Aftermarket sensor could also have slightly thinner pins then the factory one and not making a good connection. Swapping side would also verify you are chasing an issue on the truck side and not multiple bad sensors which isn’t as likely but does happen 🤷‍♂️ it’s a quick test just to rule it out. I don’t know much on gm stuff but I also believe there was a time those trucks could have either passive or active sensors in them, could be getting the wrong type.

Reactions: 1 users