Show us your Shop and Equipment

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
[There’s pics of my shop, lift, etc going back a few years. A couple months ago I added a 48’x16’ lean to off one side.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, it’s now full of Kubota implements, the SxS, ladders, lots of large bulky stuff I want to keep out of the weather, under cover but doesn’t have to be inside.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
That's a parts cleaner.
Yup, brain malfunction, I meant PARTS washer. Sigh. Getting old. :)
i like that old heavy iron, and I guess steampunk too.
I know a woman who just about lives steampunk, only in her case, she calls it steampink.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Nice addition. For those of you weren't lucky enough to go to the Kubota meet a few years ago, bearskinner has a very nice place.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
While making some parts for another project, I realized I didn't have a 5C collet stop long (deep?) enough for a set of (5) 10" long matching parts. I could measure them individually, touch off and cut them each separately, but I realized there was an easy-to-make alternative collet stop.
Went to the stash and found a piece of 3/4" hot roll barstock of suitable length, and a stub remnant of black poly-acetal plastic.
Cleaned the bar up, and bored the plastic for a press fit on the hot roll bar. Then I turned the plastic (using the bar as a mandrel) for a slip fit for the through hole in the lathe headstock. Then I used one of my headstock spiders (for long barstock support) to capture the outboard end of the hot roll bar. Simple matter to indicate it in and clamp it, and I can adjust it for different length parts if need be.
The plastic supports the inboard end of the stop, and the spider supports the outboard end.

IMG_0062.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0059.JPG