Should we have series-specific forums?

Add series-specific forums?

• No

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 66 75.9%
  • Yes but not by series (something else instead...)

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
It is the same on this forum with a handful of people sharing a wealth of information with the rest of us!:)

Anders
YEP..... tis why I referenced that point but in reality for obscure-ish rigs one might create a forum for.... that is a common reality among them all.

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
A way to find what you are searching for, instead of new categories, is a better search function.:confused:
This I have found in other forums there it is possible to use AND, OR variables. By that you can find only those posts that contain all the words in the search by using AND between them. By using OR you find posts with anyone of the search words. Sometimes the search engine have a mark that says "every word" which makes it even easier. ;)
Examples could be: D950 AND cooling, B6001 AND manual.

Anders
Search functionality is limited by the writer of the bulletin board software. The limits are not changable and are pretty consistent across all bulletin board software. Use google advanced or similar

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
My suggestion would be to add some moderators who are online frequently to deal with the spam messages. No way should it take 24 or more hours to delete them especially after they are reported.
A moderator could GREATLY enhance things in here from spam deletion to discussion sparking, seperating hijacked threads into two; thus producing two great conversations instead of one jumbled one, moving threads to the proper section (like a fabrication thread inside a general forum etc.)

Have recommended this and offered up two different moderator suggestions to Vic. I think it was, but never got a response.

Last edited: