Shopping Cart

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
There is a lot more to be said about how rude people have become and it has not happened overnight.

Gentlemen at one time opened the door for a lady. Now if you do it you are a sexist pig.

Please and thank you are unheard terms anymore.

And there are hundreds of example that we could list. However there is one thing we might need to remember.

Some people are unable to things that we might take for granted. For example: I have often pushed a cart out to my truck and left it in the empty parking spot next to my truck. Why? Because by the time I have walk thru the store and back to my truck I can not walk anymore with out leaning onto the cart for support. I need two new knees. And as you sit in your car and judge me think about the fact there are some bad lazy and uncaring people that are sitting in their car passing judgement on others.

If you can not be kind and helpful to everyone keep your petty judgments to your self.

How many times as an able bodied person have you walk up to the store and passed an empty used cart in the parking lot and left it there? I'll wager it has been more then once. Should I pass judgement upon you? Write and complain about it or just do the best that I can?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
There is a lot more to be said about how rude people have become and it has not happened overnight.

Gentlemen at one time opened the door for a lady. Now if you do it you are a sexist pig.

Please and thank you are unheard terms anymore.

And there are hundreds of example that we could list. However there is one thing we might need to remember.

Some people are unable to things that we might take for granted. For example: I have often pushed a cart out to my truck and left it in the empty parking spot next to my truck. Why? Because by the time I have walk thru the store and back to my truck I can not walk anymore with out leaning onto the cart for support. I need two new knees. And as you sit in your car and judge me think about the fact there are some bad lazy and uncaring people that are sitting in their car passing judgement on others.

If you can not be kind and helpful to everyone keep your petty judgments to your self.

How many times as an able bodied person have you walk up to the store and passed an empty used cart in the parking lot and left it there? I'll wager it has been more then once. Should I pass judgement upon you? Write and complain about it or just do the best that I can?

BigG, if you open a door for me, you will get a smile and a thank you from me. If I am able, I will open the door for you if I come to it first. While I come from a generation which had to put extra effort to get equal work opportunities for women, never did we call anyone trying to be helpful a sexist pig. So sorry to hear you had such an experience.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Because by the time I have walk thru the store and back to my truck I can not walk anymore with out leaning onto the cart for support. I need two new knees. And as you sit in your car and judge me think about the fact there are some bad lazy and uncaring people that are sitting in their car passing judgement on others.
If that is so, it would be obvious to me you need the cart to lean on, and I would not fault you for it. That brings up another pet peeve- if you park that far out in the lot, it's probably because someone who doesn't need them has taken all the handicapped spaces up close.
I have (twice) put a chain on the vehicle of an able-bodied person with no handicap permit or plate, who was just too lazy to park farther out, and towed it out into the lot. I have been cheered on both occasions, but I only did it for the handicapped person they cut off to grab the space. In both cases I hung around in case the POS wanted to discuss it, but neither did.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Why I keep saying this virus thing will blow up when the restrictions are relaxed, because a large percentage of the public has no consideration for others.

Sadly, we now live in a 'feel good' society. So long as you feel good, hell with anyone else.

If I was there and 20 years younger, I'd have taken his finger and broke it for him. Nothing more painful than a busted digit.

Kind of interesting... Last week I went to TSC for some Cat 1 to 2 bushings. Everyone in the store had on a mask, including all the employees. As I was standing in the check out lane (social distancing of course), 2 young guys came in, no masks on and proceeded to go down an aisle.

There was no 'no mask no service' sign out front. Mentioned that to the cashier. Today when I stopped by for a can of Kubota Orange spray paint and bird seed (TSC has the best bird seed prices anywhere), right in front of the doors was a big sign... 'No mask, No Service'. How it should be. Most places are 'no shirt, no shoes, no service' anyway. Virus or not.

Has everything to do with respecting the rights (and health) of others.

Well I don't group no mask wearing with the buggy issue. I consider myself a very considerate person. I am not wearing a mask anywhere I have been going. I am a very quite, introverted, reserved person, so I dont go near people, but I am not wearing a mask everywhere I go. Mainly because I feel the whole response to this thing has been ridiculous. The media has over hyped the devil out of this thing, and the vortex has sucked everyone in. Im not going around crowding people and trying to harm people, But I'm not going to walk around with a mask and gloves everywhere. The vast majority of people I am seeing wearing a mask are using it totally improperly anyways. I have mostly continued my life as I do every flu season. I do not begrudge people for not wearing a mask, I just expect them to respect peoples space and be considerate. Its all about common sense and common decency.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I always put the cart back in the rack. If I see someone walking to the rack, I offer to take it for them. I always hold the door. I always tell old ladies they are beautiful/cute and flirt with them. Nothing like seeing a 90 year old lady blush like a teenager.;)
Funny now that I have white hair how more and more often, people are a little nicer to 'the old guy'. They should be nice to everyone.:)
The funny looks I get is when I pull into a parking lot on my fully worked SuperMoto. The bike snarls and is fire breathing. Everyone expects to some punk. As I take off my helmet, the stares change from disgust to shock. Hilarious!:D
Olde Guy:p

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I always put the cart back in the rack. If I see someone walking to the rack, I offer to take it for them. I always hold the door. I always tell old ladies they are beautiful/cute and flirt with them. Nothing like seeing a 90 year old lady blush like a teenager.;)
Funny now that I have white hair how more and more often, people are a little nicer to 'the old guy'. They should be nice to everyone.:)
The funny looks I get is when I pull into a parking lot on my fully worked SuperMoto. The bike snarls and is fire breathing. Everyone expects to some punk. As I take off my helmet, the stares change from disgust to shock. Hilarious!:D
Olde Guy:p
You must be an extrovert. I am severely introverted by contrast. I would never flirt with a woman in public or make such a comment. Not because I feel you shouldn't do so, but just because of my introversion - it feels intrusive to me. I believe in respecting everyone, and being courteous. I open doors for anyone if they are coming in behind me. If I saw an older person walking a buggy back to the rack I would offer to take it for them - but only if I felt it was a struggle for them, and that my offer would alleviate them some struggle. For me to offer otherwise feels to me like I would be intruding on their independence and personal space. I have encountered folks before who were so nice that I actually found them annoying. At some point the niceness stars to feel self serving to me, rather than to actually help someone. I say this because its interesting the difference in personalities and perception. I think being mindful of personality differences is also important, and being an introvert I am more sensitive to that particular difference than most extroverts seem to be. Extroverts can often be a little too forward and annoy people when they think they are being nice. Typically the person who feels this annoyance will be an introvert, not another extrovert. The introvert will smile and say thank you but secretly wish you had left them alone :p

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
What annoys me is that there aren't any close by cart areas in Handicap parking. Why?
Because the people mandating the regulations for handicap parking know nothing of what handicap people need, or of the real world in general either for that matter.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
You must be an extrovert. I am severely introverted by contrast. I would never flirt with a woman in public or make such a comment. Not because I feel you shouldn't do so, but just because of my introversion - it feels intrusive to me. I believe in respecting everyone, and being courteous. I open doors for anyone if they are coming in behind me. If I saw an older person walking a buggy back to the rack I would offer to take it for them - but only if I felt it was a struggle for them, and that my offer would alleviate them some struggle. For me to offer otherwise feels to me like I would be intruding on their independence and personal space. I have encountered folks before who were so nice that I actually found them annoying. At some point the niceness stars to feel self serving to me, rather than to actually help someone. I say this because its interesting the difference in personalities and perception. I think being mindful of personality differences is also important, and being an introvert I am more sensitive to that particular difference than most extroverts seem to be. Extroverts can often be a little too forward and annoy people when they think they are being nice. Typically the person who feels this annoyance will be an introvert, not another extrovert. The introvert will smile and say thank you but secretly wish you had left them alone :p
I sure am an extrovert. Sometimes, my wife is embarrassed by me, she is a real introvert.
My comments to 'the ladies' are always kind and with humor. Never rude or offensive. My flirting generally will consist something like letting a lady go first by saying something like 'Always have beauty go before the beast, Disney taught me that!' Never sexual or intimate or forward.
I will just as soon mock myself to make a person laugh and smile. I know when a person is upset with my antics and am quick to apologize. I have a few friends that are also extroverts but they lack the ability to read people.
My goal is to share happiness and not exclude others. If I have a smile, I want others to enjoy it. Everyone does want to be included, even if they can express it.:)

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I have done that since I was big enough to open a door, that was what I was taught. I still hold the door anyone, not just women. Don't know what kind of neighborhood you live in, but I have never had bad feedback.

Maybe you need to smile when you hold the door for someone.

Last edited:

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
I have done that since I was big enough to open a door, that was what I was taught. I still hold the door anyone, not just women. Don't know what kind of neighborhood you live in, but I have never had bad feedback.

Maybe you need to smile when hold the door for someone.
I think BigG is more so just referring to the rising leftist culture. It was actually a thing among many leftist college kids - that a man holding a door for a woman is sexist. These leftist want to challenge what they see as the "Patriarchal hierarchy" In their view, by you holding a door for a woman you are essentially treating them as a weaker, lesser person. Its a twisted world view that quickly runs down a dark hole. I used to spend a lot of time in political forums debating these folks until it I finally burned out from smashing my head into a brick wall. Anyways yea, this is the view of MANY young people these days. If you havent heard about it all yet just keep watching, its growing.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I think you are absolutely correct.