Shopping Cart

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing. To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task, and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right. There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart.
Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart. Therefor, the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether you will do what is right without being forced. No one will punish you for not returning the shopping cart.

No one will fine you.

No one will kill you.

You gain nothing from returning the shopping cart, you must return it out of the goodness of your heart, because it is the correct, right thing to do.
A person unable to do this no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with a law and the force that stands behind it.

The shopping cart is what determines if a person is a good or a bad member of society.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Up here you have to deposit $1into the cart handle to get the cart, you get your $1 back when you connect it to the other carts...

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
My buddy & I were sitting in my car waiting on our Wives shopping in Walmart one night. We are parked across from the cart rack & there is a truck parked next to it. It's the rack that had the handle thingy sticking out the side, important detail.
Well here comes bubba & unloads his cart into the truck. He looks like he hadn't had a bath or clean clothes on in a month and Buddy says something about if the guys kids know how sorry a human this guy is. Anyway he finishes unloading and just pushes the cart away, he is right next to the rack. The cart rolls several spaces & hits a Brand New Pearl White Tahoe. We can see the window sticker.
This guy runs over there & stops short ,then leans & stretchs the just barely pulls the cart off the car. He hauls ass back & runs around the cart rack to his side of truck & BAM. He runs his man-hood smack dab into that handle thingy. He goes to the ground. We are laughing so hard about to pee in our pants. God has a way of getting even sometimes.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Nothing more aggravating than getting a shopping cart with a lumpy wheel or one that will only go left or one that won't go straight at all...

Always a pizzer for me.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
And that is why I park away from people, I cant tell you how many times I have come out from shopping to find a cart against the side of my truck or tail gate, there are days I really hate people!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
And that is why I park away from people, I cant tell you how many times I have come out from shopping to find a cart against the side of my truck or tail gate, there are days I really hate people!
Same here... Several of our bigger stores have parking lots with some slope/grade to them.

I park the Silverado strategically to avoid the run-away cart left by some idiot!:mad:

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Leave your cart out to help save the job of the cart collector. ;)

Bruce

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My buddy & I were sitting in my car waiting on our Wives shopping in Walmart one night. We are parked across from the cart rack & there is a truck parked next to it. It's the rack that had the handle thingy sticking out the side, important detail.

Well here comes bubba & unloads his cart into the truck. He looks like he hadn't had a bath or clean clothes on in a month and Buddy says something about if the guys kids know how sorry a human this guy is. Anyway he finishes unloading and just pushes the cart away, he is right next to the rack. The cart rolls several spaces & hits a Brand New Pearl White Tahoe. We can see the window sticker.

This guy runs over there & stops short ,then leans & stretchs the just barely pulls the cart off the car. He hauls ass back & runs around the cart rack to his side of truck & BAM. He runs his man-hood smack dab into that handle thingy. He goes to the ground. We are laughing so hard about to pee in our pants. God has a way of getting even sometimes.
Some kids pulled up close to an old coworker of mine. Kids were driving Mama's brand new Lexus. Coworker was driving late 60's to early 70's mustang (old iron).

Kids got out of the car and dinged the mustang. Looked my coworker straight in the eye and started laughing in his face.

Coworker waited till they got almost to the store entrance. Let out a whistle to get the kids attention. He then got out of his car shoving the door so it dinged the Lexus really good. Looked up ag the kids. Started laughing. Then let drive with the car door a few more times for good measure :D

The car door on the lexus was thrashed. He rubbed the paint off his door from the other car and went on his way :) :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Works for me. I've actually done the same but more discreetly.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Too damn lazy to push the cart to the cart rack in the parking lot. Gotta get in the car so they can start texting and driving, the great American past time. I think cell phones should be banned actually.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Nothing more aggravating than getting a shopping cart with a lumpy wheel or one that will only go left or one that won't go straight at all...

Always a pizzer for me.
Don't they all come from the factory like that?

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Until a couple of years ago we had a IGA grocery store that believed in customer service. A grocery store employee carried your groceries out to the car and put them in for you. The owner retired and sold out. Now they want you to install money into them to make sure YOU put the cart back after loading your own groceries. Times have changed.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Until later could of years ago we had a IGA grocery store that believed in customer service. A grocery store employee carried your groceries out to the car and put them in for you. The owner retired and sold out. Now they want you to install money into them to make sure YOU put the cart back after loading your own groceries. Times have changed.
Our local Brookshire's grocery chain here in Tx still carry to car

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
What we now call "gas stations' use to be "service stations". They checked your oil, washed your windshield, checked air pressure in tires, etc as they filled the gas tank. Yep, times change.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Another litmus test is how people leave their table and chairs, particularly at self-serve type restaurants. I have coworkers who get up to go, don't push their chair back in and leave crap all over the table. I call them out on it, for what little good it does.

Another show of character is how one drives. It tells quite a bit about a person as well.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
How true this is. Ive often observed people in parking lots. I think you can tell a lot about a persons character by how they handle this exact scenario. Its a pet peeve of mine to see people just leave a buggy (we don't call them carts here :p) in the middle of a parking spot, totally preventing anyone from parking in it unless they get out and move it. I've seen people do this, just push it off in the lot next to their car and get in and drive off.

On several occasions I have actually been on my way in to a store when I would see this happen, and I would actually grab the persons buggy after they leave it and push it up and put it in the buggy return. I don't give them a bad look, I don't say anything, I do it just to hopefully make them feel like a loser. They likely don't however.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Out here it is maybe 5% put there carts where they should.
The other day the wife was in the grocery store & I sat in the parking lot. Watched a millennial unload his groceries & push the cart to the next space behind a car that was already backing out- they tooted, I yelled, he flipped us off and drove away. I moved the cart to the rack, which wasn't 20ft from the POS millennial.
In Bill's world, he'd have gotten a beating.
5 mins later I saw a 70+yr old woman unload her groceries & then push her cart towards a rack about 100 ft from her car. I was heading there to help her when another woman heading in to the store took it from her.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I always park far out in the parking lot and close to a cart storage spot. That way, returning a cart is easy. If one is available, I will also grab a cart out of the storage spot and push it into the store rather than getting one inside the store.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Out here it is maybe 5% put there carts where they should.
The other day the wife was in the grocery store & I sat in the parking lot. Watched a millennial unload his groceries & push the cart to the next space behind a car that was already backing out- they tooted, I yelled, he flipped us off and drove away. I moved the cart to the rack, which wasn't 20ft from the POS millennial.
In Bill's world, he'd have gotten a beating.
5 mins later I saw a 70+yr old woman unload her groceries & then push her cart towards a rack about 100 ft from her car. I was heading there to help her when another woman heading in to the store took it from her.
Why I keep saying this virus thing will blow up when the restrictions are relaxed, because a large percentage of the public has no consideration for others.

Sadly, we now live in a 'feel good' society. So long as you feel good, hell with anyone else.

If I was there and 20 years younger, I'd have taken his finger and broke it for him. Nothing more painful than a busted digit.

Kind of interesting... Last week I went to TSC for some Cat 1 to 2 bushings. Everyone in the store had on a mask, including all the employees. As I was standing in the check out lane (social distancing of course), 2 young guys came in, no masks on and proceeded to go down an aisle.

There was no 'no mask no service' sign out front. Mentioned that to the cashier. Today when I stopped by for a can of Kubota Orange spray paint and bird seed (TSC has the best bird seed prices anywhere), right in front of the doors was a big sign... 'No mask, No Service'. How it should be. Most places are 'no shirt, no shoes, no service' anyway. Virus or not.

Has everything to do with respecting the rights (and health) of others.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Our local Brookshire's grocery chain here in Tx still carry to car
That is ongoing here at the local Kroger store. The packer will ask if you want your stuff loaded in your car (before Covid that is). Now they have Quick List where you can pre order and they will put the order together and bring it out and put it in your car for you. My wife uses that all the time.

We did Culvers (pre-virus again) because I won't do any fast food now but at Culvers, you go to the drive up window, order and pay, pull up in the lane (so the person behind you can order, and a pretty lass brings your order out to you.

I do miss Culvers Double Bacon Butter Burgers and maybe when all this crap has passed, will go back, but for now, I only eat at home.