Sharing some pictures of my restored B7100

Win22wrf

Equipment
B7100
Jun 4, 2020
Lincoln, Nebraska
WOW! Looks to good to get dirty! Now the question is.....are you going to use it and get it dirty?
Yes, it was at my cabin in Colorado and I am taking it back out in a few weeks. It t will be used to move snow and work around the cabin as before, but it will be stored inside now.😉

Reactions: 1 user

603g5200

Equipment
Kubota G5200G, G2500 snowblower and a Massey Ferguson MF20 Industrial
Oct 27, 2020
New Hampshire
You did a beautiful job on that. That came out a lot nicer than when it was new. It is very satisfying when you finish a project like that. You should try an automobile for your next restoration if you have not done one yet. You have the attention to detail for it. really nice work. Now go enjoy it.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Thanks, it was alot of hard work but fun too! It ready to get back to work. A few more pics.
Wowwwwww, saw the pics in the first post, absolutely stunning! I bought my first brand new B7100 in 1982. Unfortunately, the dealership had it more than i did. It kept breaking the pinion off in the front differential. I got tired of their nonsense and not fixing the tractor, as every time i`d put it in 4wd, it would snap the front pinion clean off. I made them take the tractor back with a full refund of my money after about a year of them not being able to fix it. I bought a new john deere in 1989, and still have it to this day, and still using it.

Come to find out later on, after my B7100 was sold off when the dealership closed its doors that year, a guy that bought it at the auction said they had changed out the front tires out for some unknown reason and put the wrong size tires back on the tractor before delivering it to me and caused the 4x4 to severely bind up. Apparently, it was just enough size/height difference in the tires to cause it to snap the pinion off when in 4wd. To bad, it was a really nice tractor otherwise, wishing i still had it, but fixed. Mine was gear shift, not HST. One thing i do remember, it didnt have power steering, that was the only thing i didnt like about it.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Come to find out later on, after my B7100 was sold off when the dealership closed its doors that year, a guy that bought it at the auction said they had changed out the front tires out for some unknown reason and put the wrong size tires back on the tractor before delivering it to me and caused the 4x4 to severely bind up. Apparently, it was just enough size/height difference in the tires to cause it to snap the pinion off when in 4wd. To bad, it was a really nice tractor otherwise, wishing i still had it, but fixed. Mine was gear shift, not HST. One thing i do remember, it didnt have power steering, that was the only thing i didnt like about it.
This is a great point - many people WANT to switch out tires..... but this is the exact reason to get the rolling circumference close to OEM or ........

good post for those wishing to understand why it is soooo important to pay attention to tire sizes.

Reactions: 1 users