SHAKEING the FEL

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
What is fluid film? Any different than WD 40 or many other lube and silicon products.
Fluid Film was originally formulated as an ocean ship metal protectant for the US navy in WWII against salt corrosion and has excelled at that and many other lube and corrosion protection jobs. It is also food-systems safe, can be used safely for food processing equipment, is non-toxic.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
A little Fluid Film goes a long way too. I used it first on the table of my table saw. Used WAY too much at first, and had to wipe some off.

That one application has lasted/protected for several years.....haven't used the saw much last couple of years.

Bee-Positive

Equipment
BX1880
Nov 16, 2022
Amsterdam, NY
On one of A RITTER BIT WILL DO videos he used a spray-on Turtle Wax on his blower and chute. Looking through my junk pile (garage) I found an old can of paste car wax which was all dried and crumbly. Figured what the heck, instead of throwing it out I rubbed pieces of it all over the inside of the FEL with an old rag. Was amazed how well it worked. Even heavy wet snow slid out with ease in big bucket-shaped blocks. No shaking required.

I found Fluid Film, Turtle Wax, WD40, and Pam cooking spray all had costs ranging anywhere from $6 - $9 depending on size, quantity, and where purchased. I believe Fluid Film and WD40 would be better at rust control but use whatever you have or prefer.

Orange man hero

Equipment
LX2610HSD
Mar 12, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Lanolin based spray lubricant and rust inhibitor.
Excellent for outdoor surfaces that you need to stay slick!
FYI: DO NOT spray it on a metal trailer deck!
Anyone tried Waxanol? I got a spray can of it at the local Kabota dealer. I had never heard of it before. It seems to do a good job on rust on pickups. Made in England.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Anyone tried Waxanol? I got a spray can of it at the local Kabota dealer. I had never heard of it before. It seems to do a good job on rust on pickups. Made in England.
Interesting had to look it up, here is another product that appears to be the same.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
This has been a while ago but, worked at a tractor/automotive repair shop and had a guy that would come around and buy all the old anti-freeze. I think he paid 10 dollars per 55 gallon drum(instead of us paying safety-clean $0.25 per gallon) so the owner was happy to get rid of it to him. Found out later that he was spraying down his dump truck bed and snow plows to make the snow come out/off easier. He had a contact to haul snow out of a village and was dumping it out in the country on a field that had a creek in it. So it was not very environmentally friendly but, apparently it did work well. But then again I remember Janesville Wisconsin would plow and salt the streets towards the Rock River and just push it in to dispose of the snow/slush/salt mixture. I guess that was cheaper then hauling it off. This is a picture of a parking lot covering the river and had room for hundreds of cars.
1679436246668.png

Reactions: 1 user