Serial Number Breaks RC60-21B? Does anyone have a parts illustrated? Please.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I can help a bit from looking at Messicks parts info.

First, what I see is two different matched gear sets inside the gear box. The pair is identified as #080 which is my red circle.

Note the number of teeth on each set #080 which I have boxed in red.

On one model, the gears are 17 and 15 teeth, and after the serial number break the gears are 20 and 17 teeth.

Calculating the ratio between these two different gear sets I get 1.33 for the 17-15 and 1.17 for the 20--17

I assume the main pulley is slightly different diameter at the serial number break to correct the slight difference in gear ratio in order to produce the same blade speed.,

forum RC6021B  gears.jpg

forum RC6021B.jpg

There are three complete gear box assemblies listed.

forum RC6021B assembly.jpg

If the price does not shock you, then I suggest you call armed with your mower serial number. If you do not have the serial number, count the gear teeth to narrow down what you need.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Which piece(s) are needed?

Last edited:

KMoJo

Equipment
B2150, G1900
Jan 18, 2020
Granger, Texas, United States
As mentioned above Messicks shows the parts diagrams. Or you can go to the Kubota Parts website.

I’m familiar with Messicks parts diagrams, the serial numbers breats are not listed. KubotaUSA has the parts breakdown for the B2150 but not the belly deck from what I can see.

KMoJo

Equipment
B2150, G1900
Jan 18, 2020
Granger, Texas, United States
I can help a bit from looking at Messicks parts info.

First, what I see is two different matched gear sets inside the gear box. The pair is identified as #080 which is my red circle.

Note the number of teeth on each set #080 which I have boxed in red.

On one model, the gears are 17 and 15 teeth, and after the serial number break the gears are 20 and 17 teeth.

Calculating the ratio between these two different gear sets I get 1.33 for the 17-15 and 1.17 for the 20--17

I assume the main pulley is slightly different diameter at the serial number break to correct the slight difference in gear ratio in order to produce the same blade speed.,

View attachment 50667

View attachment 50668

There are three complete gear box assemblies listed.

View attachment 50669

If the price does not shock you, then I suggest you call armed with your mower serial number. If you do not have the serial number, count the gear teeth to narrow down what you need.

Dave
Dang Dave, you really pick up on the detail. That’s awesome.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I’m familiar with Messicks parts diagrams, the serial numbers breats are not listed. KubotaUSA has the parts breakdown for the B2150 but not the belly deck from what I can see.
I did not look at your parts list directly but I do know that Kubota does break down the parts list with serial number breaks, usually in a column to the right with a less than and then the greater than symbol. They will have the same balloon number a couple of times and then you can see there may be different part numbers for different serial number series.

Reactions: 1 user