Seeking clarification on B2650 fluids

Shredder

Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2015
California
We are doing our 50 hour service. The dealer told me to change the hydraulic fluid and the engine oil as a precaution along with the associated filters. I am under the impression that hydraulic fluid and transmission fluid are the same. Am I correct?

I am reading the instructions and I see a transmission oil filter (HST) (what does HST stand for?) and I also see a Hydraulic oil filter. (the dealer gave me both filters)

I'm not really sure what to make of these two filters. If they are the same fluid, I would think one filter would suffice so now I am worried a I am missing something.

So much for reading the directions.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Re: Seeking clarification on B265 fluids

Please clarify what tractor you actually have, as there never has been a b265. ;)

Yes the transmission fluid and the hydraulic fluid are the same thing.

HST= Hydrostatic Transmission. :D

There is 2 hydraulic filters, one is the standard system filter, and the second is the HST filter, it's a finer filter and is a second defense from anything getting to the HST unit, they do not like foreign contaminates. :cool:

Shredder

Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2015
California
Re: Seeking clarification on B265 fluids

Please clarify what tractor you actually have, as there never has been a b265. ;)

B2650

Yes the transmission fluid and the hydraulic fluid are the same thing.

Ok thanks.

HST= Hydrostatic Transmission. :D

Ahh.

There is 2 hydraulic filters, one is the standard system filter, and the second is the HST filter, it's a finer filter and is a second defense from anything getting to the HST unit, they do not like foreign contaminates. :cool:
Ok. got it!