Second remote for B2650?

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I have a 2015 B2650 with cab and ordered it with a single rear remote. I'd like to add a second remote for a top 'n tilt. I'm a decent mechanic, is this something I'd likely be able to do myself? I'd get the valve from Kubota, what else (other than hoses) would I need?

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Do you need to run both functions simultaneously? If not you can get a cheap electronic diverter valve so you can toggle between functions.

If you order the second remote kit from K (read $$$) it should have all the parts you need to bolt on. Start with a nice clean machine and work area before pulling everything apart.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
step 1. buy a cheap white bedsheet
step 2. lay it out on garage floor
step 3, drive tractor on top of it
step 4, NOW proceed with the upgrade

If you don't do 1-2-3, have fun looking for whatever drops on the floor and 'magically' disappears !
I'm STILL missing my 3/8drive, 1/2 deep socket from 5-6 years ago.It IS somewhere in my garage....

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a 2015 B2650 with cab and ordered it with a single rear remote. I'd like to add a second remote for a top 'n tilt. I'm a decent mechanic, is this something I'd likely be able to do myself? I'd get the valve from Kubota, what else (other than hoses) would I need?
Kubota will provide everything including hoses. Your job should you choose to accept it is to remove the end cover on the valve stack, replace the studs with the longer ones that come with the kit, slide the new valve onto the studs, and reassemble the end cover. Then hook up the second handle, hoses, and additional remote outlets. That requires minimal mechanical skills and would be pretty easy on an open station machine but likely a lot more aggravation on a cabbed machine. Personally I would go that route even on a cabbed machine over cobbling up a diverter.

Dan

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Thanks, Hokie. Exactly what I needed to know, and I agree - Do it right and do it once. I'll be contacting my Friendly Local Kubota Dealer soon...

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Can you point me to the site you got those lists from? Also, is "U94302" a Kubota kit or part number?

I want to be prepared when I get in touch with the dealer.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks, Hokie. Exactly what I needed to know, and I agree - Do it right and do it once. I'll be contacting my Friendly Local Kubota Dealer soon...
Just FYI and convenience the whole goods number for the second remote stacking kit is B7313. Thats everything except the valve itself.

The online parts site is not showing the whole goods numbers for the valves. You will have to choose between 3 position spring center or fourth position float. Messicks spare parts price fpr the valves is $915 and $957. Hopefully the whole goods price is better!!!

Here is alink into the Kubota online parts website. You can navigate the entire parts tree from that starting point

Dan

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I agree with Hokie.

Buy your kit from Kubota. Expensive, but you will get everything you need and everything will fit.

Only basic mechanical skills are required and installation instructions will come with the Kubota package (unless your dealer looses such or decides to keep such for itself). No, I do not trust dealers.

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
A few other things you may need:
hoses and adapter fittings from valve to rear device (cylinder)

Rags, lots of rags.
small containers to put under the valve to catch the hydraulic fluid that will leak out when you open up fittings and valve body

you may want to replace the orings between the valve sections since you are there. Not needed but I just do that because why not…usually not very expensive but may be too much?

Rcflyer330

Equipment
Kubota B2650 Cab, B2779 Broom, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 rear blade
Oct 14, 2019
Traverse City, Michigan
Go to your local dealers sales department and tell them you want to add a second remote they will get the kit and it will be way cheaper. As posted above if you buy online or from the parts department you dont get the valve and thats is around $900 or so from messicks. the entire first valve kit with valve from my dealers sales department was about $600 and I would expect the second to be around the same price. or call messicks sales department to get the kit.

for install you will need some way to cut out the metal part of the fender and some paint to install the kubota second remote kit. the kubota instructions should come with a template on exactly where to cut and shape. i installed the first remote kit on my b2650 cab and did not need to cut the fender. the kit should include everything else you need.

From experience you may want to remove the right rear wheel for easier access but it's not required.

edit: i need to make a corection my 1st valve and lever kit was $857 not 600 (i was using old text messages not the actual reciept) its still cheaper than just the valve from the parts department.

Last edited:

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Thanks for the tip about going to sales vs. parts, I'll look into that.

I went down and looked over the tractor to see what I was letting myself in for and the very first thing I thought was "It's going to be a LOT easier if I take that wheel and tire off!"

I'll also check Messicks.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
When you take wheel off, use SOLID WOOD to support the tractor. Do NOT use hollow 'cinder' blocks !

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I have industrial-strength jack stands. NOT from Horror Fright...:eek::D

And I'll be working on a concrete floor.

I have an appointment with the VA on Thursday which, conveniently enough, is just a few miles from my Kubota dealer. That way, I won't have to explain two trips to a town 65 miles away to The Chief Financial Officer...

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
I did the same thing to my B2650. The hardest part of job for me was changing the mounting stud.
Kit was complete.
The worst part of the job was dealing with the loaded tire that tipped over. I had it standing up. I moved it with a pallet jack. Stopped to reposition and it tipped over. Glad I was able to get out of the way. Had to stand it back up by myself. Could not get the forklift in to help.
The complete job was about an hour and a half or two hours.

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Stopped by the dealer and ordered the 2nd remote kit. Pretty reasonable based on my expectations at $685 plus tax.

Now I just need to source the hydraulic side link. Seeing them at Agrisupply, just need to take a tape down and decide what length I need. If anyone here has another/better source, I'd love to hear about it.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Stopped by the dealer and ordered the 2nd remote kit. Pretty reasonable based on my expectations at $685 plus tax.

Now I just need to source the hydraulic side link. Seeing them at Agrisupply, just need to take a tape down and decide what length I need. If anyone here has another/better source, I'd love to hear about it.
(y)

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
When you take wheel off, use SOLID WOOD to support the tractor. Do NOT use hollow 'cinder' blocks !
You can till buy "cinder blocks" in Canada?
Have not seen a "cinder block" for many years in the USA.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

Btw - just to be clear - you got everything for that price? Valve. handle and outlets? List price on the vslve is $1500.....

Dan

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
That's what they're telling me. B7317 for $455 and B7304 for $240. (I posted the $685 price before checking the invoice).

RCFlyer's comment about going to sales vs. parts may have helped. The floor salesman looked it up and put together a price for me, then had parts order it. In stock at the warehouse, should see it in 10 days or 2 weeks.