Second Diesel in the Garage

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
Buying my Kubota must have infected me. I traded in my Honda Ridgeline for a Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, 4x4, crew cab, Laramie Longhorn trim, Rambox. The first tank averaged 25 MPG, which should improve, as I drive about 30K miles per year. It even fits in the garage with my wife's Honda Fit. (Kubota is beyond the truck.)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dude tell me ALL ABOUT THIS PUPPY!!! This truck is on my radar I was kind of hoping the GM was going to bring one out in the 1500,, maybe next year,, Anyway please keep us posted on how this truck runs and the good things AND the not so good things,, I loved my old MOPARS, maybe the new ones will live up to the old

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Ahhhh :)

I too have been bit, more so since we supply our own diesel. I have a diesel generator for emergencies, now a diesel kubota. So all of a sudden our bocat zero turn mower is looking like its gonna be replaced with a diesel zero turn kubota.

Been thinking about a pickup truck too now (but we are ford people :D )

We been thinking of trading our honda accord for either another accord, but also been loooking at the FITS - how is your fit? sport model? any problems with it? love it? hate it?

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
Ahhhh :)
We been thinking of trading our honda accord for either another accord, but also been loooking at the FITS - how is your fit? sport model? any problems with it? love it? hate it?
It's a 2013 (previous generation) base level Fit and my wife loves it. It has less than 8K miles on it, as she only has a 5 mile commute to work. It's very practical for around town use and hauling (light) stuff. However, I find the ride and seat comfort lacking for any trip over an hour. We've had no issues, just annual service. I used it today to take the dog to the vet as she has a sore paw and it was easier for her to enter / exit. It drives like a go-cart.

One of the vehicles I sold to buy the Ram was a 2014 Accord. It got better mileage than the Fit and was a lot more comfortable. I liked the car, but the front passenger legroom was lacking. I had decided to go back to a single daily-driver for me and it had to be a truck.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Couple years back, I was riding in my neighbors Ram pick-up work truck. It was quiet as a bank vault and the ride was awesome. Thinking it was pretty new, I glanced over at the odo and it had 97,000 miles on it.

When Mercedes bought Chrysler, they dumped a ton of money into the Dodge trucks as well as Jeep. The quality improvements were incredible. This latest round of details, including that diesel mill make it really hard for Ford and Chevy to keep up. If I was in the market for a truck, Dodge is the first lot I would hit.

I rode in another buddy's new Grand Cherokee Overland Edition a few years back. Similar gorgeous interior to this truck. Awesome.

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
I think you will really enjoy that truck. I have a 2005 3/4 ton Dodge with the 5.9 Cummins. Great truck with 130k miles. And the wife drives a 2015 Hemi Dodge. We have always had great service out of Dodge trucks.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Well, the Eco-Diesel is apparently a present from Fiat. It's an Italian diesel from what I understand. I'm going with that same motor but my wife and I are waiting until it makes it into the Wrangler Unlimited next year...

I may end up with a 1500 Ram like that one as well but the Jeep will come first to replace our Caliber which has over 160,000 miles on it and should be hitting 200K by the time we get the Jeep.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was leaning more toward LUST,, but those 2 pretty well cover it,,lol

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
Well, the Eco-Diesel is apparently a present from Fiat. It's an Italian diesel from what I understand. I'm going with that same motor but my wife and I are waiting until it makes it into the Wrangler Unlimited next year...

I may end up with a 1500 Ram like that one as well but the Jeep will come first to replace our Caliber which has over 160,000 miles on it and should be hitting 200K by the time we get the Jeep.
The engine is made by VM Motori, a 65 year-old Italian company, now wholly owned by Fiat. Penske and GM previously owned half of the company, but sold to Fiat. The engine was once targeted for a euro-spec Cadillac CTS before GM's bankruptcy.

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Very sweet!!!!
I want to trade for a Ram 2500 diesel. The 1500 won't pull the camper.

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk