Seat Safety Switch Location

JusticeBDunn

Equipment
Kubota L3000 Tractor
Feb 10, 2015
Chino Valley, AZ
I am having a problem with (I believe) the "Seat Safety Switch". Looking at the seat and below the seat supports, I don't see any thing that looks electronic or like a switch. Where is it location on the L3000DT and/or what does it look like?:eek:

I appreciate the experience that monitors this site.;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I am having a problem with (I believe) the "Seat Safety Switch". Looking at the seat and below the seat supports, I don't see any thing that looks electronic or like a switch. Where is it location on the L3000DT and/or what does it look like?:eek:

I appreciate the experience that monitors this site.;)
You will be looking for a long time... :rolleyes:
I doesn't have one... ;)
Now what is the issue? :confused:

JusticeBDunn

Equipment
Kubota L3000 Tractor
Feb 10, 2015
Chino Valley, AZ
Sometimes after turning the key to the left to "warm up" the start then turning the key to start - I get dash lights but nothing from the starter -no turnover of the engine. I then move the shift level back and forth to ensure I'm in neutral the same for the PTO shifter. If that doesn't work, I "jump" up and down on the seat. That usually results in the starter working.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The PTO switch is back there so if Jumping in the seat gets it going that's where I would look. ;)

But then again it could be under the dash too.

Bad wiring connections are tough to find.

JusticeBDunn

Equipment
Kubota L3000 Tractor
Feb 10, 2015
Chino Valley, AZ
The PTO lever seems to have 3 positions - 1: Pulled back engages the PTO; 2: the mid position - PTO not engaged. There is a definite forward position, but I have never moved it to that position except to move the selector lever forward and back then to the center -mid-position to start the engine.

There is not mention the this forward position in the operator's manual. I have the Shop Manual but it does not mention this forward position for the PTO shift lever either.

Do you know what the forward shift position function is if any?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The PTO switch is 2 wire one in, one out, short the 2 together temporarily and if that stops your problem you have a bad switch, replace the switch.