Seat Repair/Replacement

BX25Dave

Equipment
BX25DLB
Sep 3, 2023
Colorado
I let my son borrow the tractor, Kubota BX25DLB, and it survived a hail storm, except for the seat. In looking for a seat replacement, all I can find is a new seat, listed at over $1300.00. The seat is ok, except for the bottom. Does anyone know where I can get just the bottom? It looks like it is removable but I can't find it. The seat from the drawings is K2751-41123 (old number K2771-41120) Any help would certainly be appreciated. I like the seat it is comfortable, but hate to spend lots of $$$ for a new one when just the bottom is bad. Thanks again! Seat Picture.jpg

Attachments

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Two years ago I was welding over head and some hot weld dropped on my seat. Forgot to wet down my cover sheets - Duh.

SeatRepair1.JPG

Anyway, I just wanted to keep the injury from growing. Going against much advise in favor of more complicated repairs, I just put several coats of Liquid Electrical Tape from Home Despot on it. I use the tractor summer and winter and have to place my knee on the hole when I take my tarp cover on and off. The repair has held up fine and looks the same as it did two years ago.

SeatRepair2.JPG

This might help ???

gg

Reactions: 1 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
If you’re fortunate enough to have a local upholstery shop, you might give them a ring. Although the liquid electrical tape fix does look to be viable.

Reactions: 1 user

crbr

Equipment
2006 B7800, 2022 BX1880
Jan 8, 2010
TN
I have an OEM seat from a BX1880 that is available. No idea is it fits your BX 25 series as I did not do a cross walk.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
find a guy/gal that does old car seats, or boat seats or do it yourself.,it's not that hard. Only special tools will be a set of 'hog ring' pliers and the clips. get them at TSC type stores.

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Durafit covers fit tight,
IMG_1871.jpeg
are inexpensive, tuff and nice upgrade to vinyl.

Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
find a guy/gal that does old car seats, or boat seats or do it yourself.,it's not that hard. Only special tools will be a set of 'hog ring' pliers and the clips. get them at TSC type stores.
Nice looking seat cover.
NOW......you guys are gonna give me chit though.:)
I replaced the seat on my L48 TLB with a WHITE one!
Much cooler when sitting out in the hot sun.
So far, I have been able to keep it clean, by throwing an old towel on it.... when I sit.

Smokeydog

Equipment
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Nice looking seat cover.
So far, I have been able to keep it clean, by throwing an old towel on it.... when I sit.
White seat on a L48 tractor? You took the 4 post ROPS top off your TLB? No wonder you are in the sun. You use the bucket to carry your golf clubs? You deserve a little chit. Guess that’s what the towel is for.
Seriously finding out what works best for your situation is what makes tractoring and sharing ideas enjoyable.
Respectfully,
Smokeydog

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Nice looking seat cover.
I bought the light grey cordura. Lighter color but still doesn’t look dirty.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Nice looking seat cover.
One thing for sure, if your tractor is ever stolen it will easy to identify from a distance!!

BX25Dave

Equipment
BX25DLB
Sep 3, 2023
Colorado
Thanks so much to everyone for their solutions! I think I covered them all. The BX1880 seat does not cross. I used the liquid electrical tape on the holes in the seat to keep the water out of the interior. I checked with Tractorseats.com (good site) but they had no replacement available and I purchased a Durafit cover (in Kubota Orange) during the Labor Day sale and got some $$$ off.
However, I DID NOT PUT A WHITE SEAT ON😂, that way too much over the top!
Thanks again for thehelp and assistance!

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
On a related question, anyone take the seat apart? Have a spare car seat heater and thought "Yep, heated seats on my tractor would be cool in the winter time" The tractor is a LX2610 HSDC. Have not got it into the shop to really study it.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Send a picture once you get the orange seat cover installed. About how much do they go for?

BX25Dave

Equipment
BX25DLB
Sep 3, 2023
Colorado
I got the covers direct from Durafit. The covers were $39.95 + $6.95 Shipping. I did get a 10% off discount for Labor Day. They had lots of colors and 3 fabrics to choose from Easy ordering.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
White seat on a L48 tractor? You took the 4 post ROPS top off your TLB? No wonder you are in the sun. You use the bucket to carry your golf clubs? You deserve a little chit. Guess that’s what the towel is for.
Seriously finding out what works best for your situation is what makes tractoring and sharing ideas enjoyable.
Respectfully,
Smokeydog
I absolutely did know I was going to catch some "chit" about the white seat.
I have never even once played golf, though!
The ROPS is removed for two reasons: (1)Much easier to use machine in low hanging woods.
(2) In keeping with the surroundings, I want my dedicated REAL TLB to look a bit more like a regular tractor (without hard canopy roof).

Smokeydog

Equipment
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
I absolutely did know I was going to catch some "chit" about the white seat.
I have never even once played golf, though!
The ROPS is removed for two reasons: (1)Much easier to use machine in low hanging woods.
(2) In keeping with the surroundings, I want my dedicated REAL TLB to look a bit more like a regular tractor (without hard canopy roof).
If that that makes you happy, that’s all that matters.

Got a new Durafit cover for the B26 today. Same seat for TLB series. The new cover doesn’t have a cutout for the document holder. Called Durafit and they said the new style but has pockets.