Seat/place for the dog

wchp12

Equipment
B2650, Landpride 60" RFM, CoutryLife 12" Post Hole Digger, Kubota BB60
Jun 22, 2015
Garnett Ks
I have a B2650 and the set up does not really allow my dog (50 lb chow-chow shepard) to ride along when I mow or do other things with the machine.

Has anyone made any modifications to their machines to accomidate a place for their dog. My tractor is mainly used for moving things with the bucket and mowing. Its all super flat Kansas ground.

The other day we drove the 1/4 mile to the gas pump in our little gathering of houses (not a real town) to fill the tractor with fuel and she rode on my lap but its a tight squeeze.

Thanks

Grant

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have a B2650 and the set up does not really allow my dog (50 lb chow-chow shepard) to ride along when I mow or do other things with the machine.

Has anyone made any modifications to their machines to accomidate a place for their dog. My tractor is mainly used for moving things with the bucket and mowing. Its all super flat Kansas ground.

The other day we drove the 1/4 mile to the gas pump in our little gathering of houses (not a real town) to fill the tractor with fuel and she rode on my lap but its a tight squeeze.

Thanks

Grant

Now here is a topic that I havent seen !!! Sounds like you have a worker that wants to see the real world !

My first thought is too build a piece of plywood that will "lock" in around the fender area of your machine. If I was gonna attempt this I would make it so I could slide it off quickly without tools. Is there anyplace on the rear fender that a piece could sit (more or less 16" x 16") even if it hung off the side?

I bet both sides the fenders have levers coming through them and it might be a pita to get the plywood to sit down flat. Take a picture of the area that you are looking at and lets look at it !!! Sounds like a great project !:)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Maybe a box fitted to the 3pt and she can get up in there and ride, my beagle would lay on the floor board, but then she wasn't 50 pounds either,,lol

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I actually thought about this when I was working the L3200 back at the start of the month. I couldn't find a place that I felt was safe enough for the dog, just too much to go wrong in such a small, dangerous space.

My best idea was a doggie car seat strapped above the fuel tank but even with a safety strap in case you hit a bump the dog couldn't handle, it would be too risky. I would feel devastated if I hurt my doggie with my favorite big toy. I think I'd lose both at the same time... :(

jcummins

Equipment
Kubota M7040, F3680, JD Gator 855D
Oct 19, 2013
Creal Springs, IL
I've got a buddy dog that sometimes rides the mower with me. Had him in the floorboard of the tractor with leash.... But i have yet to come up with an idea that works... Short of trading for a cab tractor. If i had the money I'd do just that too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
Phhh dog people?

My Grandads dogs ran beside the farming operation catching gophers and mice. They took their job seriously and when they needed a drink they found a slough.

I remember a really bad brawl between Bud the mutt and a shunk! Gramps was quick to react and swung out with a pull type swather and cut the shunks tail off. Apparently skunks can't spray without their tail? My cousin Vinnie and I stoned that bustard to death and poor old Bud wasn't real popular with anyone for weeks. Lol

This was the same mongrel that watched my gramps weld and had a bad case of welders flash all the time.

Nobody ever made old Bud a seat to ride on? Nobody ever made Vinnie and I a seat to ride on either? Fenders and hoods or we ran beside when we got ansy. Or stood on the rack behind the baler stacking square bales.

yankeepac

Equipment
L3200
Apr 4, 2013
salisbury nc usa
put her on the front hood, put neoprene puppy shoes on her so she doesn't slide off too. Perhaps a magnetic bowl or 2 for kibble and doggy water, but don't go too fast, or you will spill her water.