Seat covers.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I've wanted to find some decent seat covers ever since buying the two tractors I currently have. I haven't found much that appeals to me but was perusing CraigsList over the weekend and saw an add for seat covers. Upon further inspection I liked what I saw. Simple, canvas, durable, comfortable, water resistant, one-piece .... check.

I don't know if these will be a good solution for me but I want to keep crap off the seats, and particularly grease which is so easy to get on pants or shirts. I would have ordered orange canvas if available but opted for grey. I ordered a Mid Back-25 for the M6060 and a Low Back-20 for the MX. I'll report back once they're here and installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I ordered this one when I got my MX6000 and so far it is holding up well. I ordered it from Amazon. I am interested how you like yours.

https://durafitseatcovers.com/ku20/?setCurrencyId=1&sku=KU20-LOSTC&gad_source=1
I looked at those a couple of years ago but I didn't have any interest in them then or now. I prefer canvas to cordura (endura) so was pleased to find these covers made by a small company that's kind of in my neck of the woods. I've been using old t-shirts on my seats so just about anything would be an upgrade, but I'm optimistic that I'll like these. I can't stand it when seats grab my pants or shirt as I move in the seat (that's why I prefer leather seats in a car/truck) so the loose fit and natural canvas weave should mitigate that. When you spend 8 hours in a tractor constantly turning and shifting, any grabbing of your clothing gets old fast, and it adds to the fatigue.

By the way, they shipped within 2 hours of my placing an order and will be here on Friday.

Last edited:

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I ordered the Durafit that will hopefully fit the Kubota seat on my sawmill.
IMG_5052.JPG

A fallen limb punctured it a few weeks ago. I had just replaced the seat about 4 months ago costing about $175. I hate it when "stuff" happens.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I ordered the Durafit that will hopefully fit the Kubota seat on my sawmill.

A fallen limb punctured it a few weeks ago. I had just replaced the seat about 4 months ago costing about $175. I hate it when "stuff" happens.
Yeah, that sucks for sure. 😖

I was looking at the Grammer seats in both of my tractors this morning and want to remove the arm rests prior to installing the seat covers, and reinstall once I'm happy with the covers. I was able to download a large file from Grammer's website showing exploded drawings of their seats.

Grammer also provides videos showing how to add/remove various features which is helpful.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I took a closer look at the armrests in the MX, and after removing a plastic cover I was able to get to the nut that holds the armrest onto the bracket. Not sure what I'll need to do to get the seat covers to fit, but fairly sure I need to remove the armrests. It should be a lot clearer on Friday once I have the seat covers in hand.

mx_seat.jpg

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have the same one in grey cordura with the arm rest covers. I’m very pleased with it. It’s been holding up well for the past 3 years and it fits perfectly. The model number 25 works for a a MX with arm rests.
Can you post a couple of photos? Did you need to remove the armrests prior to installation? Also, how does Durafit deal with the height adjustment of the seat back given that it's 19" at the lowest and 28" or so fully extended. The seat cover is listed as being for a "one-piece" seat which the Grammer clearly isn't. Finally, what seat do you have in your MX? Is it the one-piece vinyl seat that comes standard?

I ordered a low back for the MX, but after messing with the seat back yesterday I'm going to try the mid back in the MX, and possibly exchange the low back for another mid back. I like the seat back at the 24" to 26" height which is too tall for the low back.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Can you post a couple of photos? Did you need to remove the armrests prior to installation? Also, how does Durafit deal with the height adjustment of the seat back given that it's 19" at the lowest and 28" or so fully extended. The seat cover is listed as being for a "one-piece" seat which the Grammer clearly isn't. Finally, what seat do you have in your MX? Is it the one-piece vinyl seat that comes standard?

I ordered a low back for the MX, but after messing with the seat back yesterday I'm going to try the mid back in the MX, and possibly exchange the low back for another mid back. I like the seat back at the 24" to 26" height which is too tall for the low back.
I will take some photos tonight. But I think you might have an upgraded seat. I just have the stock seat with armrests. I did no have to remove the seat or armrests to install the covers.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I will take some photos tonight. But I think you might have an upgraded seat. I just have the stock seat with armrests. I did no have to remove the seat or armrests to install the covers.
Thanks. I have Grammer air ride seats in both tractors.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Thanks. I have Grammer air ride seats in both tractors.
You could contact Durafit. Their website didn’t have my tractor and I contacted them to find out which model to order. Their advice was spot on and it fits perfectly.

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
You could contact Durafit. Their website didn’t have my tractor and I contacted them to find out which model to order. Their advice was spot on and it fits perfectly.
Here’s what the Durafit cordura covers look like on my stock seat. They might have one that fits your seat.
IMG_0566.jpeg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Here’s what the Durafit cordura covers look like on my stock seat. They might have one that fits your seat. View attachment 121091
That looks great! I spent some time on Duracover's website today and couldn't find covers for the Grammer seats I have, or at least not exactly what I have. KU10 is listed for the M6060 but it looks like it'd work for the MX or maybe KU13.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
That looks great! I spent some time on Duracover's website today and couldn't find covers for the Grammer seats I have, or at least not exactly what I have. KU10 is listed for the M6060 but it looks like it'd work for the MX or maybe KU13.

I ended up calling them and they made the recommendation for me. At first I thought the arm rest covers were too small, but I did manage to get them on, and as you can see it fits well.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
At times it would be nice to have a protective cover on the seat in the L4240, but it's so comfortable as is that I'm not eager to change anything. Well, it's comfortable AFTER raising the front a bit. So far all 3 Kubotae I've owned had seats that felt like they wanted to dump me into the steering wheel.

Side note - A few times some dummy did get a little black grease on the cloth seat. Next time out, it had disappeared. Almost like the fabric somehow digests it:)

• Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
A few times some dummy did get a little black grease on the cloth seat. Next time out, it had disappeared. Almost like the fabric somehow digests it:)
The seat will be waterproof before you know it! :LOL:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The covers arrived today and I did a test fit of the Mid Back-25 in the M6060 and it'll be good in there. I then installed that cover in the the MX (shown below) since I wanted to raise the upper part of the seat back to around 25".

Considering that I've had a t-shirt and a cloth bag protecting the seat in the MX for over two years, this is a significant upgrade. :LOL: The canvas material is very nice and not "grabby" which is important to me. The material has a nice sheen to it and the grey looks good. I do like the industrial appearance and the overall quality in construction is very good. It's a generic seat cover so it's not fitted to the seat the way the Durafit ones are.

I'm going to return the low back seat cover either for a full refund or to exchange for another Mid Back-25. If I go the refund route I'll order a Durafit for either the M6060 or the MX6000 after talking with them about Grammer seats. It would be interesting to compare, but I also like the one below enough that I'd be happy with the same look and function in the M6060.

seat_cover.jpg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I returned the Low Back-20 this morning although it might have worked well in the M1078. :ROFLMAO: I also decided to order a KU10 in grey Endura from Durafit which will go in the MX or the M depending on which seat it fits best. Based on photos on Durafit's website it looks like it's designed for the Grammer seat in the MX. The cover shown above looked good in the M so it'll all work out in the end.

I'll post a photo or two in a few weeks.