Searching for nc/unc cat 1 long lift arm pin

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
I have a trailer hitch attachment that isn't wide enough for my quick hitch. The pins screw into it and are a nc/unc thread. I can't seem to find any, all that i find are nf. I picked up a pair from Tractor Supply, but they wouldn't screw in. They are NF thread.

I have a titan attachments ballast box which has the same pins (they are also not long enough). Does anyone have a supplier for nc/unc long (adjustable) lift arm pins for cat 1?

Thanks in advance.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I just got a pair at Rural King. 6.25 or 6.5 I do not remember. They are only $4 and change.

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
I just got a pair at Rural King. 6.25 or 6.5 I do not remember. They are only $4 and change.
Thanks for that info.

I don't live near a rural king and just checked out their website. I found 3 adjustable pins (2 cat1, the other cat1 to 2) 2 say they are NF thread and one didn't state. I'll try calling a store today and see if i can get more details.

Thanks again.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Thanks for that info.

I don't live near a rural king and just checked out their website. I found 3 adjustable pins (2 cat1, the other cat1 to 2) 2 say they are NF thread and one didn't state. I'll try calling a store today and see if i can get more details.

Thanks again.
McMaster-Carr for Bolts.

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
McMaster-Carr for Bolts.
I don't see where they sell "lift arm" or "draw pin".

I checked their website out for anything with 7/8" diameter and didn't find anything that would work.

Not sure what you mean for bolts. Are you suggesting I buy a bolt and use that instead?

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
I don't see where they sell "lift arm" or "draw pin".

I checked their website out for anything with 7/8" diameter and didn't find anything that would work.

Not sure what you mean for bolts. Are you suggesting I buy a bolt and use that instead?
My Bad, Sorry. I thought you where looking for the hardware for mounting.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
You could use a 7/8" UNC bolt. Get a grade 5 one of sufficient length, cut the head off, turn or grind a slight taper on the cut end, then drill a cross hole to fit a lynch pin...easy peasy.

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
You could use a 7/8" UNC bolt. Get a grade 5 one of sufficient length, cut the head off, turn or grind a slight taper on the cut end, then drill a cross hole to fit a lynch pin...easy peasy.
That maybe the solution. I can't find any UNC thread draw pins - adjustable or not.

thanks

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
I went to Tractor Supply and found 7/8-9 bolt long enough for what I'd need, however, the lift arm pin I have isn't a 9 thread. The nut from the 7/8-9 would not screw onto my pin.

I've only been able to find 7/8-9 and 7/8-14 thread bolts, neither of these will work. I need to measure the thread on the pins I have, but I think it's more like 10/11.

I received reply back from a farm supply store, their website didn't list the thread. They said they contacted the vendor and were told it was course thread. Their website listed vendor as koch, before I got email reply I contacted Koch who said everything they have is fine thread - a contradiction there.

the search continues. Might be just easier to buy a new quick hitch compatible hitch.

Thanks

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I went to Tractor Supply and found 7/8-9 bolt long enough for what I'd need, however, the lift arm pin I have isn't a 9 thread. The nut from the 7/8-9 would not screw onto my pin.

I've only been able to find 7/8-9 and 7/8-14 thread bolts, neither of these will work. I need to measure the thread on the pins I have, but I think it's more like 10/11.

I received reply back from a farm supply store, their website didn't list the thread. They said they contacted the vendor and were told it was course thread. Their website listed vendor as koch, before I got email reply I contacted Koch who said everything they have is fine thread - a contradiction there.

the search continues. Might be just easier to buy a new quick hitch compatible hitch.

Thanks
Ask around the neighborhood if there is a retired machinist that does side work that can make one for you. I had a local fellow that enjoyed projects and wouldn't kill you on the price. He figured his time was free since he had retired, and always wanted something to do. He finally got to the point that he was in 90's, and stopped doing machine work. He died shortly after. We all miss him, for his talent, and good natured manners. He was more than a machinist, he was a friend to many.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Is it possible the thread on your pins is actually a metric pitch? That could explain why the neither of the others match the nut. I ran into a similar problem with a chinese made electrical hole punch set that wouldn't fit the common us style hole punches.

7/8" would be just over 22mm, 2.5 pitch would be about 10 tpi

Last edited:

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
Is it possible the thread on your pins is actually a metric pitch? That could explain why the neither of the others match the nut. I ran into a similar problem with a chinese made electrical hole punch set that wouldn't fit the common us style hole punches.

7/8" would be just over 22mm, 2.5 pitch would be about 10 tpi
It could very well be!

I'll do a bit more research.

thanks!

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI

Thanks
Buy a matching nut.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
It could very well be!

I'll do a bit more research.

thanks!
I checked mccmaster carr and they carry a lot of 22 x 2.5 bolts so there is stuff out there. Maybe you could buy a cheap thread pitch gage to confirm

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
I checked mccmaster carr and they carry a lot of 22 x 2.5 bolts so there is stuff out there. Maybe you could buy a cheap thread pitch gage to confirm
I picked up a SAE thread pitch (ACE hardware), waiting on a metric one to be delivered - no local places had any metric in stock.

I checked the existing pin with the SAE gauge and it does closely match 10 TPI. I'll double check with the metric gauge when it gets delivered. Given the course thread is 9 TPI, I would not be surprised if it turns out to be metric. Going to be some expensive bolts.

I will need at least 7" bolt - so far in my searching, hex cap bolts are $40 each. Maybe I can find another type of bolt that would work.

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
I picked up a SAE thread pitch (ACE hardware), waiting on a metric one to be delivered - no local places had any metric in stock.

I checked the existing pin with the SAE gauge and it does closely match 10 TPI. I'll double check with the metric gauge when it gets delivered. Given the course thread is 9 TPI, I would not be surprised if it turns out to be metric. Going to be some expensive bolts.

I will need at least 7" bolt - so far in my searching, hex cap bolts are $40 each. Maybe I can find another type of bolt that would work.
I just received my metric thread gauge. The M2.5 also fits as good as the 10TPI.

I don't believe they make a 10TPI 7/8" bolt of any kind. Looks like metric it is!

Thanks all