SCAMMER WARNING:

Robert Wangerin

Equipment
B7510 tractor and LA302 loader
Jan 21, 2024
Tucson az
If you post a want or need and a member replies with something like any of these.

Hey, So and So has the part you're looking for email him here.
It's a scam
Hey I have exactly what your looking for email at Blaw blaw blaw @ mail.com
and they ask for money to be sent an odd way.
It's a scam
If they start a communication with you and they have 0 on their post count or they just opened their account on that day.
99% it's a scam.
If someone sends you a picture of a part, ask politely for them to send you a different angle of that part, if they cant or won't.
It's a scam

I am fielding about 2 scammers a week so it's pretty active.
If you need to vet someone send me a PM and forward me the message they sent you and I can tell you in seconds if they are a scammer or not.
Report scammers as they need to be eliminated as quickly as possible.

Be safe out there!
Thank you for the heads up!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If you have emailed the scammer, even if it's by accident or to tell him to go "fly a kite" and you have a Gmail account, Immediately change your Gmail password as that is part of the scam that they will use your email to do more scams.
And if you signed up to OTT with that Gmail and that password change it too!
Several members over the years have gotten their OTT accounts hacked.
Why a Gmail account, is that the only one effected or just an example?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Why a Gmail account, is that the only one effected or just an example?
Yes only Gmail accounts are effected.
It has to do with the way the accounts can be accessed.
Gmail has since upgraded the procedure making it very hard or impossible for someone to hijack the email account if you've done the up dates.

Reactions: 1 users

evantwheeler

Equipment
L305dt, L345dt x2
Apr 19, 2023
Menifee, CA
If you post a want or need and a member replies with something like any of these.

Hey, So and So has the part you're looking for email him here.
It's a scam
Hey I have exactly what your looking for email at Blaw blaw blaw @ mail.com
and they ask for money to be sent an odd way.
It's a scam
If they start a communication with you and they have 0 on their post count or they just opened their account on that day.
99% it's a scam.
If someone sends you a picture of a part, ask politely for them to send you a different angle of that part, if they cant or won't.
It's a scam

I am fielding about 2 scammers a week so it's pretty active.
If you need to vet someone send me a PM and forward me the message they sent you and I can tell you in seconds if they are a scammer or not.
Report scammers as they need to be eliminated as quickly as possible.

Be safe out there!
Received this PM from a user with no post count on a want ad....scammer?

"Hello Mr evantwheeler, good to see your request . i have a L345 KUBOTA that's been abandoned for quite sometime now and I'm looking to auction all my farm Equipment as I'm relocating to VEGAS to enjoy retirement . the exhaust of these truck is bad , lift kit and fill-ins are bad too but both the fender tail light lens and fender handles for both left and right are in good condition and so for your request i only have the tail light lens and handles in good conditions and I'm willing to let them sell for a reasonable amount. you can send me a mail at (Mod deleted email) for a preview if interested . ill just have to unscrew them from the tractor if we come to an agreement ."

Scammers username (deleted)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Received this PM from a user with no post count on a want ad....scammer?

"Hello Mr evantwheeler, good to see your request . i have a L345 KUBOTA that's been abandoned for quite sometime now and I'm looking to auction all my farm Equipment as I'm relocating to VEGAS to enjoy retirement . the exhaust of these truck is bad , lift kit and fill-ins are bad too but both the fender tail light lens and fender handles for both left and right are in good condition and so for your request i only have the tail light lens and handles in good conditions and I'm willing to let them sell for a reasonable amount. you can send me a mail at (Mod deleted email) for a preview if interested . ill just have to unscrew them from the tractor if we come to an agreement ."

Scammers username (deleted)
Just the verbiage used would indicate a "heads up" in the scam sensor!

Reactions: 2 users