Saw this on Marketplace

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Right arm bent, hood a mess, who knows what under is damaged, seat is bent, ROPS….frame maybe who knows. Front axle? Hope the buyer has a lot of time on their hands!

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I doubt the damage occurred where the tractor is 'parked'. It 'looks like' it was pulled onto a trailer and the trailer moved to the owners equipment graveyard. Note the chain on the FEL.

Reactions: 1 user

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
I doubt the damage occurred where the tractor is 'parked'. It 'looks like' it was pulled onto a trailer and the trailer moved to the owners equipment graveyard. Note the chain on the FEL.
The tractor was on the trailer in that spot when the tree fell. You can see the tree debris all around the trailer and on the enclosed trailer roof behind it.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Sounds pretty optimistic to think a hood and ROPS are the totality of the damage. Heck the kink in the top of the ROPS would have tried to pull the bottom supports nearer one another. The axle and transmission housing may even be cracked.

The top and front of the engine just about has to have some serious damage.

It’s worth almost scrap value (have to pay for towing). Maybe it’s worth about one-third what a new set of turf wheels and tires would go for.

Too bad. Nice equipment before that happened. Home owners insurance might have helped out on a replacement.

We lost a nice Honda Accord that way while my daughter was at college. The college campus clowns were a joke at assisting. I told them fine, I’ll be up there in a day with a trailer and a chain saw. The silly shit accused of threatening him. With a chain saw, that was 4 hours away. That would be used to cut the tree off the car. I told him to screw off and I was on my way and he could call the cops if he was still scared when I got there. Never saw him. I’m sure he was safe in his office somewhere. Some people’s kids, what an embarrassment he must be to his family.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
One thing I find interesting is that; Had someone been on that tractor at the time this occurred, It appears to me that the rops may have saved their ass.

How handy is the the OP should be factored in as well.

There are plenty of guys here that are great at fabbing/fixing things. If the OP is in that class, then that would be a plus.

I personally would not even pay 3500 for it. (unless there is money in parting it out....then just maybe?)

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Now that is the understatement of this young 2024, a couple parts and you are good to go, lol.
I think the wheels and tires look good!

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
One thing I find interesting is that; Had someone been on that tractor at the time this occurred, It appears to me that the rops may have saved their ass.

How handy is the the OP should be factored in as well.

There are plenty of guys here that are great at fabbing/fixing things. If the OP is in that class, then that would be a plus.

I personally would not even pay 3500 for it. (unless there is money in parting it out....then just maybe?)
I'd pay $500 for it and treat it as a long term project or perhaps a parts source for building something else.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I've never paid more than $750 for any of the nonrunning tractors I've bought in the past 2.5 decades. 10-15% over scrap price, yes...but no more
And that's with SEEING all 6 sides of the tractors..
Way too much can be wrong with the tractor in the ONE picture.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I wonder if the front axle and the parts that fix it to the tractor are still good?

That there is what we would call a deal AFTER we took it apart and really could determine the extent of damage unseen. Whatever that deal was would be predicated on knowledge and not some guess.