Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
WP - welcome to the forum

there are several !!!!
Pto has one (under the linkage)
Seat has two (Lift seat and you can see both)

What are you specifically looking for? OR to do? Tractor will not start? or????

WP Partridge

Equipment
BX24 & RTV900
Mar 8, 2021
Knoxville, Tennessee
WP - welcome to the forum

there are several !!!!
Pto has one (under the linkage)
Seat has two (Lift seat and you can see both)

What are you specifically looking for? OR to do? Tractor will not start? or????
Thank You !
Ren well yesterday. After shutting down for a short time, I could not get the unit to CRANK. I can hear the starter clicking when trying to start. Battery is fully charged.
The Bucket was not completely down when I turned the Engine off, but I lowered Bucket a while later.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Bucket will have nothing to do with starting.......

Now - IF the pto lever is engaged ..... It will not start.

IS it the starter you here clicking or the fuel pump????? The fuel pump sounds like a bomb in the movies ticking ............ tick tick tick .......

the starter would be a loud CLICK and nothing .......

YOU in the seat when turning the key? IF so - move the HST pedal ...... back and forth and see if it allows you to start it.

Check the cables AT the battery - remove the front cover and look at the leads carefully - could be a lose connection there too.

report back what you find out

WP Partridge

Equipment
BX24 & RTV900
Mar 8, 2021
Knoxville, Tennessee
Location of safety switches on a BX25
Bucket will have nothing to do with starting.......

Now - IF the pto lever is engaged ..... It will not start.

IS it the starter you here clicking or the fuel pump????? The fuel pump sounds like a bomb in the movies ticking ............ tick tick tick .......

the starter would be a loud CLICK and nothing .......

YOU in the seat when turning the key? IF so - move the HST pedal ...... back and forth and see if it allows you to start it.

Check the cables AT the battery - remove the front cover and look at the leads carefully - could be a lose connection there too.

report back what you find out
Thank You again Hoke.
I finally got it to start. I had the PTO in off position worked the HST pedal several times -nothing. I noticed that the PTO lever was in the off position but NOT in the SLOT at the top of the holder. I wiggled the lever a little and it started. the liver does not want to stay in the top or off SLOT. I think I will put a wedge in the track to keep it in the SLOT. This has happened before. When this situation first started, I would simply move all of the levers to correct. However the last two times I have had problems. Now I know that the Bucket Has nothing to do with Starting, and the PTO must be in the OFF position.
Thank You again for your Help
WP Partridge

Last edited:

WP Partridge

Equipment
BX24 & RTV900
Mar 8, 2021
Knoxville, Tennessee
Thank You again Hoke.
I finally got it to start. I had the PTO in off position worked the HST pedal several times -nothing. I noticed that the PTO lever was in the off position but NOT in the SLOT at the top of the holder. I wiggled the lever a little and it started. the liver does not want to stay in the top or off SLOT. I think I will put a wedge in the track to keep it in the SLOT. This has happened before. When this situation first started, I would simply move all of the levers to correct. However the last two times I have had problems. Now I know that the Bucket Has nothing to do with Starting, and the PTO must be in the OFF position.
Thank You again for your Help
WP Partridge

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Rather than place a wedge in it - dive down under - look at the switch and see if you can adjust it so it is making contact when the PTO is in the off position. I know those switches are a real PITA .... but they are there for a good reason...... WHEN they work correctly!!!!!!!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I noticed that the PTO lever was in the off position but NOT in the SLOT at the top of the holder. I wiggled the lever a little and it started. the liver does not want to stay in the top or off SLOT.

Rather than place a wedge in it - dive down under - look at the switch and see if you can adjust it so it is making contact when the PTO is in the off position.
I have a BX2360...about the same generation as Hokie's and WP Partridge's BX25.

Since new 8 years ago, about once a month I hit that F#$#ing PTO lever when dismounting and stall the tractor.

A couple times a year she won't fire....guess what is the culprit...

I'm a big guy, and I just tend to hit the lever getting off the tractor. Only takes a 1/4"+ of movement of the lever.....

WP Partridge - - I would follow Hokie's advice as far as checking the connections/switch, etc.

In this case, I think a wedge to hold the lever in it's slot would be fine. I wouldn't wedge the switch itself - - just the lever's position.

Last edited:

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I have a BX2360...about the same generation as Hokie's and WP Partridge's BX25.

Since new 8 years ago, about once a month I hit that F#$#ing PTO lever when dismounting and stall the tractor.

A couple times a year she won't fire....guess what is the culprit...

I'm a big guy, and I just tend to hit the lever getting off the tractor. Only takes a 1/4"+ of movement of the lever.....

WP Partridge - - I would follow Hokie's advice as far as checking the connections/switch, etc.

In this case, I think a wedge to hold the lever in it's slot would be fine. I wouldn't wedge the switch itself - - just the lever's position.
The switch is adjustable. It is mounted with two screws through slotted holes. Loosen screws, adjust switch where you need it, tighten screws.

Reactions: 1 user