Running issue

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My biggest concern with adding gunk to fuel is that you sure don't want it in ANY engine with a DPF! Almost every case I run into with frequent regens is on machines that have doctored fuel.

Gotcha — I don’t have that on BX, and glad for it.

I appreciate your expertise, and thank you for your participation here!

Best wishes for a safe and happy new year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

al m

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota b1750,60" mm,48" argo trend snowblower,5' grader blade
Jul 30, 2012
smiths falls on Canada
My biggest concern with adding gunk to fuel is that you sure don't want it in ANY engine with a DPF! Almost every case I run into with frequent regens is on machines that have doctored fuel.
Thanks,you have been a great help.i may try just straight fuel.
My tractor is from the early 1990's,with a d950 engine
Happy New year to you and yours

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Gotcha — I don’t have that on BX, and glad for it.

I appreciate your expertise, and thank you for your participation here!

Best wishes for a safe and happy new year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We just don't see problems caused by poor fuel in my area, I don't know if the reason is that we make better fuel here or what but I have replaced 3 injectors in Kubota's at the dealership since 2002! Now gasoline in our gaspots! That is another story!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
In our area there are three bulk distributers for diesel. Lowest price doesn't treat there fuel. Mid and high priced suppliers both treat there fuel.

The lowest priced supplier supplied one of my customers. There fuel was horrible. Constantly had fuel related issues.

Mid price and high price distributers are also distributers of diesel additives and treat there fuel with there products. Had very little fuel related issues with there fuel.

Certain stations in town advertise that there fuel is treated with power service products or diesel 911.

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
In our area there are three bulk distributers for diesel. Lowest price doesn't treat there fuel. Mid and high priced suppliers both treat there fuel.

The lowest priced supplier supplied one of my customers. There fuel was horrible. Constantly had fuel related issues.

Mid price and high price distributers are also distributers of diesel additives and treat there fuel with there products. Had very little fuel related issues with there fuel.

Certain stations in town advertise that there fuel is treated with power service products or diesel 911.
I don’t know why they would treat with 911, it does not prevent gelling. It will reliquify waxed fuel to get you running again but then you should add a quality anti-gel.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I don’t know why they would treat with 911, it does not prevent gelling. It will reliquify waxed fuel to get you running again but then you should add a quality anti-gel.
I agree and every supplier after a certain date in our area sells winter fuel. And since I haven't purchased fuel since this summer, I made sure and treated the fuel in my tractor with an anti gelling agent.

I was simply pointing out that some vendors sell fuel already treated with additives such as diesel 911 ;):)