rough running kubota l185

ronniesparky

Equipment
kubota l185
Sep 4, 2013
wake forest nc
UPDATE ??? I found out since the post that the tractor runs real good until it gets up to operating temp then ,it idles erratically ,and cuts off , but will crank right back up and run erratically again and cut off.. It does this over and over again ? I am stumped ??/I have a Kubota l185 2 cylinder diesel that all of a sudden it lost power. I thought maybe it was the fuel filter, but I changed it then cranked it up an it cut off , oh I forgot to bleed the system. so I loosen the fittings on the fuel injectors, crank engine over till air stops coming out and fuel comes out , tighten up the fittings and cranks for a while then starts to run ,but will not take the fuel . so after about 20 minutes of this .I let it run then loosen 1 fitting at the injector to bleed it while its running . I do this to the other injector and it cuts the engine off .so its like its running on 1 cylinder . so I take and swap injectors and then do the same test, well same thing happens at the same cylinder . so I crank engine and loosen fittings at the injector pump for the 1 cylinder that was not running . I let fuel run out real good for a bit then tighten the fitting and as soon as I tighten it the engine speeds up but just as quickly it idles back down . I do this for a couple of times then I give it throttle and it seems to have gotten all its power back, running good, then all of a sudden it drops to idle and will hardly take the fuel and will not speed up , so now it will hardly run , do I have an injector problem or injector pump problem it has about 1100 hours on it and ran fine till all this happened . Any help would be appreaciated , thanks Ronnie

Last edited:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Welcome to OTT!
Punctuation would help in understanding your post.
I would say pull the injectors and have them tested.