ROPS Light Bracket Help

dustin

Oct 7, 2021
Paw Paw, MI
Nope. I didn't. They really don't move at all. You can force them to move/spin but they really aren't going anywhere easily. Don't get your finger between the magnet and ROPS.

I did have to replace the light brackets once. As you can see in my pic above, I used a nut (as a spacer) between the magnet and the light bracket because magnet stud was too long. The light brackets fatigued/cracked when running the three point stump grinder for three days. The vibration from the grinder was just too much for the light brackets not sitting flush against the magnet base.

The fix was to cut down the studs on the magnet and eliminate the nut "spacer". Now the light brackets sits flush against the magnet base. If you do the same, thread the nut on the stud all the way down to the magnet before cutting off excess stud. The nut will "chase" the threads for you when you back it off. (only added for clarity, some folks have never heard of that before).

I did purchase some additional wire in order to wire it they way I wanted. Its connected to the battery using the wiring harness and relay, with the switch mounted on the dash. Ran the wires along the chassis and up thru the bottom of the ROPS and out the factory hole in the top of the ROPS. It was pretty easy to do.

View attachment 77627

Wiring it that way, I can turn the lights on with ignition off. The switch included in the kit will glow bright red when the lights are on.

YMMV
I put mine on today. cut the bolt down on the magnet and used the rubber gasket I linked to above. Also ordered a rocker switch to replace the one in the wiring harness for one to fit the knockout on my 3560 LE and the connector to plug it into the open worklight connector on the Kubota harness.

connector: Valley Enterprises Original 2-Pin Power T-Female Connector for VHF/UHF Mobile Two-Way Radios https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B5H17P8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_S3HJR32EEQZGTNH8E0KC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

rocker: Nilight LED POD Lights Rocker Switch Led Light Bar Switch 5Pin Laser On/Off switches 20A/12V 10A/24V Switch with Jumper Wires Set for Cars,Trucks,RVs,2 Years Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XB68437/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_J55SBN54X3VPDWKA51QD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: 1 user

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Man, I thought I’d be able to get away from my quality LED addiction on this site! I’ve got a few BD lights on my Tundra (Squadron fogs and S1 flush mount in rear bumper for reverse), and am tempted to order some S1 pods for the ROPS.

In my experience, BD has been fantastic to work with. I was able to meet some of their team in February at King of the Hammers and they were top notch. Their communication and customer service has been well above average while I was waiting for my parts to arrive during Covid delays. I’ve got a new-to-me OnX6 light bar that I’m working a deal on, and they were quick to find the parts for me to mount in my truck, although they don’t list them without a new light.

Expensive? Yeah. They are. But they don’t crap out in 6 months. They’re made to take abuse and keep rolling. If you have a problem, you can call them directly instead of looking to Amazon for help. We spend so much on other items because of quality, but not lights?

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I just used U bolts and a drilled piece of steel plate.

Baja Designs

Equipment
Auxiliary Light Manufacturing
Mar 31, 2022
California
Man, I thought I’d be able to get away from my quality LED addiction on this site! I’ve got a few BD lights on my Tundra (Squadron fogs and S1 flush mount in rear bumper for reverse), and am tempted to order some S1 pods for the ROPS.

In my experience, BD has been fantastic to work with. I was able to meet some of their team in February at King of the Hammers and they were top notch. Their communication and customer service has been well above average while I was waiting for my parts to arrive during Covid delays. I’ve got a new-to-me OnX6 light bar that I’m working a deal on, and they were quick to find the parts for me to mount in my truck, although they don’t list them without a new light.

Expensive? Yeah. They are. But they don’t crap out in 6 months. They’re made to take abuse and keep rolling. If you have a problem, you can call them directly instead of looking to Amazon for help. We spend so much on other items because of quality, but not lights?
Hello Chad,
I hope you had a great weekend! We appreciate the love and support, thanks for sharing your experience with us. I will be more than happy to get you taken care of in regards to the S1s. Please feel to reach out with any questions or concerns!
Best,
Brock Brunkhorst