ROPS Light Bracket Help

Baja Designs

Equipment
Auxiliary Light Manufacturing
Mar 31, 2022
California
Hello everyone,
I wanted to reach out to the community on the forum and ask what their favorite/reliable company is for ROP (roll over protection system) auxiliary light brackets.

Just for background, We are USA based company Baja Designs, that specializes in lighting upgrades for many different industries.

I was curious to hear what brackets the community felt best fit/secured your ROP auxiliary lighting?
Thanks for all the answers

Best,
Brock Brunkhorst | Baja Designs

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I was hoping you would have some ideas for us..

Reactions: 1 user

Baja Designs

Equipment
Mar 31, 2022
California

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Reactions: 1 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
That's cool.
I think I just went through some factory holes with mine, no bracket.
However.....when industry guys show up on boards like this.....we consumers start thinking.....group buy anyone???
😁

Reactions: 4 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
magnets for me. They have never loosened/dislodged.

ROPS Lights 1.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I want no bolts, u-bolts or other unnecessary hardware sticking out, I use magnets.

lights.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Baja Designs

Equipment
Mar 31, 2022
California
Use the search feature. I think many have used far less expensive LED lights purchased off of Amazon.
Hello Jimmyjazz,

Thanks for the concern I agree there are cheaper lights on the market, we are a premium product for many reasons:
What makes us different is:

Most Kubota owners are mechanically inclined so we offer a UService feature, what that means is, the serviceability of our lights is based around the compression of our unique O-ring seal that protects the sensitive internals of your lights from the elements such as dust and water. Where lesser quality lights use a silicone seal that are not designed for serviceability and are prone to seal leaks, the Baja Designs O-ring design allows our lights to be totally serviceable by the user, you can service and adjust the beam pattern with replacement lenses in the event of debris or other damages.

Also, our lights project in 5000k, this is really important for long or consistent use in a dark environment. What we found was the human eyes have evolved to see best at noon on a sunny day which translates to a color temperature of 5000° Kelvin. A color temperature of 5000K greatly reduces driver fatigue and increases terrain recognition. BD exclusively uses 5000K LEDs which reduces the blue hue that many other brands cause.

A major issue we found with long consistent use is over heating. To combat this issue, we use Copperdrive technology, Our circuit boards use copper instead of aluminum to help transfer heat more efficiently from the LED to the thermal gap pad. The thermal gap pad plays an important role in aiding heat transfer to the heat sink, which keeps the LEDs cool and also provides for vibration damping. The microprocessor controlled thermistors help to constantly monitor the temperature of the LED to ensure brightness and longevity.

In the event of a failure or damage we believe and stand by our product so we offer a Limited Lifetime warranty, our lights have an average rated life of 49,930 hours of use, so if damages or concerns arise, send our product back and we will repair or replace the light.

I hope this helps answer your question and understanding why we offer a premium price point, because we believe our product will be the last light you will ever need or have to buy.

If you have anymore questions or concerns please reach out I will be more than happy to help.

Best,
Brock Brunkhorst

Baja Designs

Equipment
Mar 31, 2022
California
That's cool.
I think I just went through some factory holes with mine, no bracket.
However.....when industry guys show up on boards like this.....we consumers start thinking.....group buy anyone???
😁
Hello Paul,

Yes, Please do and let me know if you put in an order I will be sure to throw in some extra goodies for you. If you order through me or the website, send me the order number and I will add a note to it.

If you have anymore questions let me know, I will be on the forum to help!

Best,
Brock Brunkhorst

Baja Designs

Equipment
Mar 31, 2022
California
I want no bolts, u-bolts or other unnecessary hardware sticking out, I use magnets.
Hello Lynnmor,

Wow, that looks awesome, I love the low profile nature of the lights and in the event of having to fold the ROPs it keeps everything clean and out of the way.
Thanks for the comment and great idea!

Best,
Brock Brunkhorst

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Have a link for these? How about the hook up? Is there a harness to plug into factory, or is some splicing required?

Ok. here is what I used:

Magnets: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JKWCVTX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lights/wiring harness:

ROPS Lights.JPG

hope that helps. If you use the same magnets, cut the mounting stud down so you don't need to use any spacers. It will help prevent the lights from vibrating/movement.

Reactions: 2 users

Baja Designs

Equipment
Mar 31, 2022
California
Have a link for these? How about the hook up? Is there a harness to plug into factory, or is some splicing required?
Hello Dustin,
All our lights come with the hardware and wiring needed to install it. All you would have to do is attach power and mount the switch and you are good to go. We do have a customer who was able to replace his factory headlight with our S2 lights. I have all the dimensions and wiring diagrams needed to install any of our lights...just let me know.
So to answer your question no splicing should be need.
Also If you order through me or our website I will be sure to throw in some extras.

Best,
Brock Brunkhorst

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hello Jimmyjazz,

Thanks for the concern I agree there are cheaper lights on the market, we are a premium product for many reasons:

Most Kubota owners are mechanically inclined so we offer a UService feature, what that means is, the serviceability of our lights is based around the compression of our unique O-ring seal that protects the sensitive internals of your lights from the elements such as dust and water. Where lesser quality lights use a silicone seal that are not designed for serviceability and are prone to seal leaks, the Baja Designs O-ring design allows our lights to be totally serviceable by the user, you can service and adjust the beam pattern with replacement lenses in the event of debris or other damages.

Also, our lights project in 5000k, this is really important for long or consistent use in a dark environment. What we found was the human eyes have evolved to see best at noon on a sunny day which translates to a color temperature of 5000° Kelvin. A color temperature of 5000K greatly reduces driver fatigue and increases terrain recognition. BD exclusively uses 5000K LEDs which reduces the blue hue that many other brands cause.

A major issue we found with long consistent use is over heating. To combat this issue, we use Copperdrive technology, Our circuit boards use copper instead of aluminum to help transfer heat more efficiently from the LED to the thermal gap pad. The thermal gap pad plays an important role in aiding heat transfer to the heat sink, which keeps the LEDs cool and also provides for vibration damping. The microprocessor controlled thermistors help to constantly monitor the temperature of the LED to ensure brightness and longevity.

In the event of a failure or damage we believe and stand by our product so we offer a Limited Lifetime warranty, our lights have an average rated life of 49,930 hours of use, so if damages or concerns arise, send our product back and we will repair or replace the light.

I hope this helps answer your question and understanding why we offer a premium price point, because we believe our product will be the last light you will ever need or have to buy.

If you have anymore questions or concerns please reach out I will be more than happy to help.

Best,
Brock Brunkhorst
Mr. Brunkhorst, I had no question and I have never felt the need to buy a light even if it potentially might be the last (and most expensive) I ever buy . When selling try and keep your responses short and concise , adding humor is the magic element. People will generally respond more favorably If they feel they both know you AND can trust you. A proper pitch attempts to establish all of this early in the presentation. Good luck.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Hello Jimmyjazz,

Best,
Brock Brunkhorst
looool omg ^^^

crap i didnt realize i responded to a commercial thread. They are prob just looking to knock off designs.

@Baja Designs are you a forum sponsor?

I'll put a set of rigid lights against "baja" anyday. good luck!

Baja Designs

Equipment
Mar 31, 2022
California
Mr. Brunkhorst, I had no question and I have never felt the need to buy a light even if it potentially might be the last (and most expensive) I ever buy . When selling try and keep your responses short and concise , adding humor is the magic element. People will generally respond more favorably If they feel they both know you AND can trust you. A proper pitch attempts to establish all of this early in the presentation. Good luck.
Hey Jimmyjazz,
Thankyou so much for the response I do appreciate the insight. My first week on the job so still testing the waters so I appreciate you giving me advice and not just getting mad. Was not my intention to be over bearing. I will definitely take all the advice and use it in the future. A lot of us here at Baja Designs work with people in off-roading; with my construction background I thought I would take the initiative and reach out to people in new markets.
Thanks again for the constructive criticism that goes a long way for someone just starting out like me!
Best,
Brock Brunkhorst

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I used the holes already in the ROPS along with rubber washers so not to scrape and dig into paint.. plus helps keep them securely in place. The rears are mounted with the same bolt as front lights, and are switched separately. The main switch is under the seat. Nuttin fancy but works!
741CB7DB-4C33-4695-8EDD-6C9A57C07835.jpeg
39942DC5-8094-4137-A262-F915E6B5D441.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Ok. Now I'm really confused. I was responding to "Dustin" direct question about magnets (at least I thought I was).

Carry on gents.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user