ROPS for Gray Market L2000

Homesteader

Equipment
L2000
Jan 6, 2015
Franklin Co, Alabama
Hi Orange friends. I have a Kubota L2000 gray market tractor, which is supposed to be a match to the L225. I want to add a Roll Over Protection System (ROPS), but I'm not 100% sure that the L225 ROPS will match or has the same method of attachment for as the L2000 ROPS. Can anyone here help me confirm? Thanks!

Attachments

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the forum from Northwest Alabama. Are you located around Russellville or Red Bay?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Homesteader

Equipment
L2000
Jan 6, 2015
Franklin Co, Alabama
Thanks, Daren! I called West Kentucky, but they didn't have anything. I have the steel, and am thinking I will fabricate my own. The one you linked to for $750 somehow seems light-weight compared to what I expected. I wonder if anyone here has pics of the L2000/L225 with the ROPS installed...

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Thanks, Daren! I called West Kentucky, but they didn't have anything. I have the steel, and am thinking I will fabricate my own. The one you linked to for $750 somehow seems light-weight compared to what I expected. I wonder if anyone here has pics of the L2000/L225 with the ROPS installed...
I was thinking the same thing about how light weight it looks. Thats why I haven't pursued it very seriously. Would be nice to find one that someone has purchased to actually look at it. I've been watching craigs list and ebay to see if I can locate one off from something being parted out.

Homesteader

Equipment
L2000
Jan 6, 2015
Franklin Co, Alabama
Thanks for the schematics, Tomcat. I may go that route. I was drawing up an idea for bolting directly to the rear transaxle (where the fenders bolt on) to lower the center of gravity of the ROPs. Thoughts?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks for the schematics, Tomcat. I may go that route. I was drawing up an idea for bolting directly to the rear transaxle (where the fenders bolt on) to lower the center of gravity of the ROPs. Thoughts?
On your model the axles is exactly where it should mount. ;)
Oh and it's not a Transaxle as there is a transmission in front of the axle. :p;):D

Homesteader

Equipment
L2000
Jan 6, 2015
Franklin Co, Alabama
I was talking with an off-roader and a welder about my plans. Both recommended seamless round steel tube for the ROPS. The welder pointed out that its what they use in all race cages. I have a hydraulic pipe bender for the shaping (wish me luck on repeating the bend angles), so I'm going to do it with round tube steel and use a sleeve to slide the top and bottom together with a grade 8 bolt locking it in place. Then I'll use a 1/2" steel plate across the two bars and in the corners for additional support. I honestly don't PLAN ot roll the darn thing, but I never plan these things right. So I'm going better safe than sorry. My basic re-build of the tractor is almost complete so the ROPS will be next!

Attachments

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
On your model the axles is exactly where it should mount. ;)
Oh and it's not a Transaxle as there is a transmission in front of the axle. :p;):D
Not to steal your thread Homesteader but, Wolfman, I was looking at an L2000 last week that had a ROPS mounted similar to my illustration and am curious about mounting the ROPS. I didn't see how to attach at the axle level. With your expertise at illustrations could you show an example? I'm wanting to fab something mostly for a mounting point for a roof.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not to steal your thread Homesteader but, Wolfman, I was looking at an L2000 last week that had a ROPS mounted similar to my illustration and am curious about mounting the ROPS. I didn't see how to attach at the axle level. With your expertise at illustrations could you show an example? I'm wanting to fab something mostly for a mounting point for a roof.
On your model you want the same kind of mount as a B7100 that bolts to the back of the tractor.
Here is one post with some good pic's

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=69240&postcount=16

Edit: Forgot to add post link. :eek:

Last edited: