ROPS for a B6001

Holleyman

Equipment
Kubota B6001, Caterpillar 252B, AM General M813A1, Ford 8N, Komatsu PC30
Sep 25, 2013
80 acres in Athabasca AB
I have a grey market B6001 that generally works very well. The one thing that always makes my spider sense tingle when running my little tractor is that I am the tallest part of the tractor.
Does anyone have a source for a ROPS to bolt onto an old B series tractor? I haven't tried the dealership but they haven't been really helpful in that past to support a grey market tractor owner.

Ideas? I can build one but I would be far more comfortable running a certified and tested bar rather than my far heavier, bulkier and not tested design.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a grey market B6001 that generally works very well. The one thing that always makes my spider sense tingle when running my little tractor is that I am the tallest part of the tractor.
Does anyone have a source for a ROPS to bolt onto an old B series tractor? I haven't tried the dealership but they haven't been really helpful in that past to support a grey market tractor owner.

Ideas? I can build one but I would be far more comfortable running a certified and tested bar rather than my far heavier, bulkier and not tested design.
Post a picture of the rear of your tractor and I'll see if I can give you and Idea of what model you need to look for. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The good bad and ugly...ok mostly bad.

Yes it would normally take the same rops as the B6100, but with that tiller setup on there it will not take the same one, you will need to get one made to fit it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It’s silly that he can’t get a safety apparatus because of the grey thing. Is it really grey in Canada? Also why would it not work in CA?
It is a grey, it's not supposed to even be here, hench no Kubota support, as to support it would allow it to be here, and yes it's the same for the whole north and south american continent and other locations too.

The site you are looking at is the USA site, It's a USA law that requires manufacturers to supply safety equipment for older equipment.
The Canadian site is different, I don't know if they have any laws that make Kubota supply safety devices for older tractors.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Even if you have to make it just do it. A gentleman here in our county about 2 weeks ago rolled an older tractor and was thrown off then run over by the shredder.

Holleyman

Equipment
Kubota B6001, Caterpillar 252B, AM General M813A1, Ford 8N, Komatsu PC30
Sep 25, 2013
80 acres in Athabasca AB
I contacted a company name Hercules ROBS out of Australia. They have B6001s running around the country so I sent a request with my tiller set up pictures in hopes that they have a certified bolt on.
I hope they do, it would make me much more comfortable running the old girl.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I contacted a company name Hercules ROBS out of Australia. They have B6001s running around the country so I sent a request with my tiller set up pictures in hopes that they have a certified bolt on.
I hope they do, it would make me much more comfortable running the old girl.
I was going to suggest that company, just couldn't remember the name.

I agree with poohbear, if you can't get a premade one, use the design of the B7100 ROPS and get one made, use a good welder and they will be able to make you one strong enough.

Personally I think safety equipment should be provided at a reduced cost to any tractor grey or not!

japollner

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 23, 2018
GREENFIELD
You might be able to get the dealer to help you out if you go about it this way, which is slightly hardball status.

Head into dealer, bring serial number. Tell them you’d like to buy a ROPS for your tractor, show them pictures. Ask them to put in writing that they will not sell you one for whatever reason. Kindly explain that you have made every attempt to install a safety device on your tractor, and they haven’t helped you out. Explain that if, in the future, you were to roll the tractor and become injured, you’ll have the conversation today documented and will be holding the dealer accountable because they refused to offer a piece of safety equipment for sale.

I had Apple replace a swelling battery in a computer that was out of warranty a few years back. They wanted $100 to do so, and as a poor college kid, I didn’t have $100. I simply asked “If I go home today with the battery swelling, isn’t that a safety issue?” The Apple store immediately said they would be replacing the battery free of charge.

While their policy might be to not sell parts to grey market tractors, they are legally bound to no ignore a safety issue, and any privately owned dealer would probably bend the rules if they knew ether could be on the hook.

Firefighterontheside

Equipment
1997 Kubota L4200
May 24, 2018
DeSoto Mo USA
I was going to suggest that company, just couldn't remember the name.

I agree with poohbear, if you can't get a premade one, use the design of the B7100 ROPS and get one made, use a good welder and they will be able to make you one strong enough.

Personally I think safety equipment should be provided at a reduced cost to any tractor grey or not!
That was my feeling. Grey or not, at least make safety an option. Would Kubota rather hear about people who were killed on their tractors.