Elliottsburg, PA
I have a B9200HST-DP (4WD)
SN: B9200HS-51344
Engine: V-1200A
I am putting these parts onto it:
Injector block/pump: 15442-51010
Fuel Pump: 15263-52030

This is an old tractor!
I am having a heck of a time getting the old injector pump out. It appears to hang after about 1/2". I took the throttle lever cap off and discovered springs that could be attached to the rod that goes across the injector pump (rack and pinion that appears to regulate how much fuel is pushed up to the injectors?). Do I have to remove the springs (they are stacked one on top of the other, coaxial)? I took out the screw adjuster on the other side (screw, lock nut and a spring on the screw).

Then I have read that the injector pump has to be shimmed to get the 'timing' correct? The manuals I have looked at are very poor (from the perspective of someone who does not work on Kubota tractors every day!).

There is no way to get this tractor to a service center; I live far out and I do not have a way to get it onto a trailer.

Advice on replacing the pump?
Can I assume that I can soak the injectors in kerosene to ensure they are clean?

The fuel pump (proper) is not an issue. Fairly simple.

Thanks in advance!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
"This is an old tractor!"
No it's not, somewhere between 1986 and 1990 is not old it's just seasoned. :D

Yes you need to take the springs off (suggest tying a string to them before removing them, so they don't fall down in the motor.), also there is a slot that the rack on the injection pump has to come out of, it's on the back side, front.

Put the bolt and spring adjuster back in, hopefully it has a grease or dirt mark so you'll know how deep to put it.
One of the adjustments is an Idle stop the other is an over rev limiter.

Just pull the pump out , remove any shims on the injection pump clean and reuse them, no other adjustment to timing should be needed.

If your having to replace the Injector pump you should have the injectors tested and rebuilt at the same time.

"The fuel pump (proper) is not an issue"
It's not a fuel pump, it's a lift pump, yes I know it's semantics, but in this case verbiage is very important. ;)

jgeissin

Equipment
B9200HST
Sep 29, 2014
Elliottsburg, PA
OUTSTANDING!
NOW, what are those springs connected to? Are they connected to the injector pump? To that arm? If so, how will I reattach them? My fat ol finger will NOT fit in there.
Should I get rebuilt/new injectors in this process?

You are correct, this is just a broke in tractor, not old!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If fat fingers don't fit.....use a needle nose pliers. Pretend your a surgeon for a minute!

When you take the shims off the bottom of the pump they may not come loose easily. Use a single edge razor to get between the casting of the IP and the first shim. You don't need to separate each shim, you just need all the shims installed back to keep timing correct.

Vanimals2000

Equipment
B20
Dec 21, 2015
Waxahachie TX
Ok I replaced the fuel injector pump on the B20 and just remember the spring inside. What probably happened to it? I put in the injector pump in and not sure if it stick around. Yikes. Think it fell down into the motor or what's the likely hood it stayed when the pump went in?

jgeissin

Equipment
B9200HST
Sep 29, 2014
Elliottsburg, PA
According to what I have figured out, that spring(s) that is/are attached to the throttle arm and then to the pin on the rod that goes across the injector body that controls how much the pump puts out to the injectors.

There is ANOTHER spring that is attached to the engine governor that regulates the speed of the engine when it is loaded down (below the ones I am referring to). Do you have problems with engine speed regulation? If so, it sounds like it could be that spring and it will be in the crankcase if it dropped. The spring(s) that are attached to the throttle arm are coaxial (2 springs, one inside the other) on the V1200 engine anyway. I don't think the engine would be controllable if those were missing.

Just my un-educated 2 cents!