replacement glass B3000 cab

blenderbender

Equipment
B3000
Mar 5, 2016
Eastern Ohio
Did a big no-no today and ended up exploding the left door glass on the cab of my B3000. Any thoughts on where to purchase replacement glass reasonably.... if there is such a thing. Thanks!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If it is flat glass, then take the door off and bring it to an auto glass shop. They can cut you a laminated piece of glass and install it. If the glass was 2 parts that slide for opening, they can make that out of laminated also. If you have to go back to Kubota for the glass, then hold onto the counter when you hear the price!

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Forgot to mention that if it is flat glass, you can bring the other side to the glass company, and they can remove that glass to make a pattern for the replacement glass. Then take the pattern home with you, in the event that you bread the other side of glass.
I was looking at all the glass in my BX23S cab, and every piece has the Curtis logo on it. This makes me think that the glass is all tempered. I would use laminated glass because of cost, but when you are selling a lot of tractor cabs, then it is less expensive for you as the manufacturer to buy all tempered glass.