removing lower links on 3ph

navy599

Equipment
BX220 KING KUTTER 48 TILLER. 5 FT REAR BLADE, 2750 SNOW BLOWER, FEL, REAR BAGGER
Apr 30, 2012
Tolono, Illinois, U.S.A.
Hello all, traded for a bx2230 and one of the lower lift arms on the 3 pt hitch are bent and i am going to replace it. I took off the spreader plate and am down to the rod/bar that runs across the tractor that the lower link arms are slid onto. does anyone know how to remove the rod/bar or slide it enough to get the bent arm off?? is there a trick to this i don't know about or what? it does have half cut ends on the round bar. not sure if there is a combination of turning it that makes it able to slide one way or the other....
Thanks in advance for your advice

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I don't have firsthand knowledge, but I would assume that the rod is round, and is worn in or even maybe bent a little. Have you soaked it? I would take something softer than the steel rod and a mallet, and try tapping on it.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Not familiar with your model, but my B7100 has a bolt that holds the bar in..... it's accessed from underneath. (not obvious from above)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I had to take mine off cause I actually broke the bar that held on the lower arms. If I remember correctly I had to remove a tire and slide the rod/bar sideways tils it came out.

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
On the BX25 that I owned: In the frame where rod goes into it, there is a bushing that fits into the frame that the rod rides in. This bushing has a flat spot on one side that fits into a flat spot that is in the frame. Slide the rod into the frame as far as it will go(either way will work, right or left}. Look for the bushing in the frame, and pull it out. Then slide the rod to the other side and remove the bushing on the other side. Then just move the rod the other way, and it will have enough play to slide out to the front.:D
Hope this helps.