Removing dash on 1999 L3410

RTinder

Equipment
3410 tractor
Nov 30, 2023
Antigo, WI
I'm assuming the glow plug controller is under the dash but having difficulty removing. Any tips from the crowd? Sometimes the indicator light comes on indicating glow plugs are heating, but usually it doesn't even come on and starting is difficult as the temperature drops. When it does come on it whines after the light goes out.
Please advise.
Thanks.

RTinder

Equipment
3410 tractor
Nov 30, 2023
Antigo, WI
2 screws in the top and two near the back/bottom and two in the middle if I remember correctly.
That's the easy part. There's a couple wiring harnesses connected under the dash and the dash piece seems to be restricted by the upper console surrounding the dash. Do I just get physical with it and pull until it pops out? I'd hate to break the plastic enclosure.

zuiko

Equipment
L2900
May 29, 2017
Canada
No need to force it out, it should come out easily. I think the L3410 is a similar design to my L2900 and there are only two connectors going to the upper console (see photo). It's easier if you loosen the tach cable in the engine bay so that you can pull the upper console out a bit to reach them. Once the upper console is out the lower part comes off easy.

IMG_4102.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
you have to disconnect stuff and lay the wiring to the side as needed so that the pedestal will come off. You'll also have cables and such to deal with. And brake rods. Clutch linkages too.

l2900 has a pair of connectors that disconnect everything. The L-10's don't have those, so you have to disconnect everything. I wish they'd left the two main connectors on them like the L2900/3300 were but I guess those $0.32 connectors were deemed too expensive to include them on the "new" (at the time) redesign.