Reinstalled FEL - now it won't lift!

BELLC

Jul 26, 2010
Central Lousiaina
My L2650 tractor was just split and a PTO gear changed. To save some expense of the ag tech doing it, I removed my front end loader and left it at the house. I have it physically back on but it won't go up, though I can stop the arms from lowering and the bucket from turning face down.

I know the FEL lost a bunch of hydraulic fluid on the ground while it was sitting up as I really didn't plug the one thinner hose like I should have. I'm assuming air got into the lines?

Is there a procedure to bleed or whatever to get the FEL to work again? I've been through the WSM and the owner's manual but can't figure this one out. I thought maybe I had the IN/OUT lines reversed but switching them didn't help.

The site glass shows the hydraulic fluid now at the correct level (it was low) but no change to FEL operation.

Any suggestions are truly appreciated!

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I'm guessing just keep trying to cycle it with the eng at high rpm and it should bleed the air out.

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
BELLC, Is the rockshaft on your 3pt working like it supposed to? To purge the air from the hyd. lines/cylinders, you only have to move the loader and bucket through it full range several times. I purposely removed all the oil from my lines and cylinders when I drained the fluid. It only took about 3 or 4 cyles to get the air out. Since your tractor was split, it could be other problems. Keep us posted.

BELLC

Jul 26, 2010
Central Lousiaina
I'm not sure what a rockshaft is, but the two drawbars on the 3-pt hitch lift up and down as designed.

I ahve cycled the lever back/forth/up/down for about 10 minutes straight without success. I can get it the bucket to move about 1" back and forth and that's it.

BELLC, Is the rockshaft on your 3pt working like it supposed to? To purge the air from the hyd. lines/cylinders, you only have to move the loader and bucket through it full range several times. I purposely removed all the oil from my lines and cylinders when I drained the fluid. It only took about 3 or 4 cyles to get the air out. Since your tractor was split, it could be other problems. Keep us posted.

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
If you have quick disconnects on your hoses, make sure that they are completely seated and locked together. If they aren't securely connected, you won't get good performance.

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
have you checked the fluid level, did you maybe loose enough fluid so it cant fill the cylinders?

BELLC

Jul 26, 2010
Central Lousiaina
Of all the stupid things ...

It turns out there is a screw on the front hydraulic block that rotates about 90 degrees between the Open and Closed position. Apparently my ag tech actually read my WSM and turned it to the Closed position which still allows the three-point hitch to work, just not the loader.

I'm back in business. Thanks all!

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Of all the stupid things ...

It turns out there is a screw on the front hydraulic block that rotates about 90 degrees between the Open and Closed position. Apparently my ag tech actually read my WSM and turned it to the Closed position which still allows the three-point hitch to work, just not the loader.

I'm back in business. Thanks all!

HA HA! That's a good one, I like that. If you had a buddy with the same set up you could have some fun.

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
BellC, mine has that valve on it and I sure didn't think about it and pass it on to you. Thanks for letting us know what the problem was.