Reckon Just Gonna Have To Trade Tractors

tennman0258

Equipment
MX4700
May 18, 2021
Tennessee
Looks like a man can not get telescoping arms and adjustable links for a MX4700 tractor ! Talked to two dealers , and like everyone else , their parts guys are either new and can't help me or dumber than a box of rocks and don't know what I'm talking about .
My 2012 MX4700 came with NON telescoping adjustable 3 point hitch arms and a turn buckle type adjustment links .
I bought what I thought I needed from another guy on here and they are too big for my tractor . Looks as If they may came off a 7040 or maybe a 7060 .
I attached a pic of what I bought . I listed them on eBay If anyone might be interested . Or I'd sell you them here and ship to you .

Attachments

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
You need to talk to the sales guy. They may have a "kit" available thru whole goods.
Or email Neil at Messicks.

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
You stole my line when teaching :

"or dumber than a box of rocks "

except I add, and that's insulting the box the rocks come in!

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
For adjustable and telescoping arms for a MX5000 we removed one arm, went to Kubota parts guy and he measured length. Matched up to same arms as a L6060 if I recall correctly. Your Cat 1 arms may be the same length as my 4760 send me a PM and tell me what dimensions you want measured or take a tape measure and head to a well stocked Kubota dealer. I think it cost about $400 to convert my Father In Laws MX5000.

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
Those look like the arms on my M6060.
You stole my line when teaching :

"or dumber than a box of rocks "

except I add, and that's insulting the box the rocks come in!
In this case I disagree. A tractor was purchased based on $$$ saved over the cost of several models. Now features of a deluxe model want to be added to a less expensive model. There is no Kubota guide on how to upgrade an MX to a more delux model and the parts guy is on his own to make it happen. If the parts guy screws up and orders the wrong parts the dealership may eat the mistake. Lesson learned is buy the model that has the features you want and don't blame the dealer or Mfg if you don't like what you purchased.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Looks like a man can not get telescoping arms and adjustable links for a MX4700 tractor ! Talked to two dealers , and like everyone else , their parts guys are either new and can't help me or dumber than a box of rocks and don't know what I'm talking about .
My 2012 MX4700 came with NON telescoping adjustable 3 point hitch arms and a turn buckle type adjustment links .
I bought what I thought I needed from another guy on here and they are too big for my tractor . Looks as If they may came off a 7040 or maybe a 7060 .
I attached a pic of what I bought . I listed them on eBay If anyone might be interested . Or I'd sell you them here and ship to you .
Those are for a larger M series like an 8540-60 and a 9540-9960.

The slot & guides on the side links is the for sure give away. :)

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
You can look up all the parts for an MX5200. They have part numbers that list (complete link assembly)

For each the left and and right hand lower links as well as the stabilizers. (same part # for either side)

Last edited:

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
In this case I disagree. A tractor was purchased based on $$$ saved over the cost of several models. Now features of a deluxe model want to be added to a less expensive model. There is no Kubota guide on how to upgrade an MX to a more delux model and the parts guy is on his own to make it happen. If the parts guy screws up and orders the wrong parts the dealership may eat the mistake. Lesson learned is buy the model that has the features you want and don't blame the dealer or Mfg if you don't like what you purchased.
They may not be for a M6060, but rest assured they are just like the ones on mine. Without knowing the length no one can say for certain what they fit.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Thanks....I called and ask for him but his voice mail said he wouldn't be back till the 6th ! Appreciate the lead !
I'd just talk to the Messicks parts guys. They seem pretty good. You have to ask for exact part numbers and google them to cross check before you buy - but they do pride themselves on knowing what they're at. Neil does the video and knows lots, but he's not the only guy in the company. One of their recent videos had one of the parts guys on there - selling random things - he seemed to know his stuff too.

My quick attach for my B2601 I had help from April, and she seemed pretty good.

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
They may not be for a M6060, but rest assured they are just like the ones on mine. Without knowing the length no one can say for certain what they fit.
For some reason your post was inserted into my reply to post #3. I have not had that happen before. In post #4 I also stated L6060 was used on my FIL MX5000. I agree with you.

loggin

Equipment
MX4700
Sep 4, 2021
canada
Not sure what the arms you have came off but if I remember correctly I believe the MX5100 came with the arms you are looking for. It is basically the same as the MX4700 but with turbo and came with some extra goodies like the telescopic arms.

Hope this helps!!

Reactions: 1 users

Shanester

Equipment
B7500HST MX5100HST
Sep 21, 2021
Ohio
I was looking at an MX4700 and the dealer said it was something like $2,000 for those. I'm curious what you find out. It sure seems like you could just order the parts for an MX5100 but look into the return policy first. Maybe they can get some measurements from Kubota to verify. Maybe they have a CAD drawing.

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
Here's the path I followed when doing the same type conversion on my L3800 (adjustable sway/stabilizer and lift arms with telescoping ends) using L3130 parts. The adjustable sway/stablizers were purchased from stabilworks.rocks (Mark Hodge......a super guy and a great product)

First check the mounting hardware connecting the lift arms to the tractor -- appears to be the same part numbers for the MX4700 and MX5100........therefore the arms and related items should bolt right up. The telescoping arms added about 1 inch additional length compared to my oem set up. However with type of conversion, this can get very pricy as this is not available in a kit (at least in my case) and buying it piece by piece can get expensive. I found one arm I needed on eBay, and had to buy the other side from Kubota parts.

Hope this helps!!

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I looked for your ebay ad and couldn’t find it.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
YOu might want to edit/ remove your ph no … this is the WWW internet, you know…. ;)

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
There is one thing that is worse than having telescoping lift arms.......forgetting that you have them !!! :(

Now a disclaimer; I grew up on the farm without them so it was usually necessary to grab a pry pole and try to shift the implement. Never fun but.... Now enter the 'new to me for 2 years' M4900 with this feature. Sooo last week found me trying to shift the Bush Hog 70-06 grader blade 2" forward when all that I had to do was press the catch down and 'lengthen' the lift arm. :rolleyes:

Sooo now I will fess up and admit that I never thought about that feature until I am sitting here reading this topic on OTT. The good thing was that it did not cause me to bleed nor have to visit a Chiropractor.