Recent site outages and errors

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hello folks, Mr. K here to shed some light on recent site outages and errors you may have seen while attempting to browse or post. The site was completely down yesterday for approximately 8 hours and again this afternoon the forums were disrupted for about 3 hours. I do apologize that the site was unavailable.

The server is under stress. The community has grown by about 100 times in size since Vic and I started out three years ago. These are nice problems to have. It means that we have outgrown these shoes and it is time to step into larger ones.

Our goal is to make the transition as smooth as possible but if you do notice something funny with the site (ie. it being down or forums acting strange), please email me at mrk@orangetractortalks.com or PM me and I will take a look at once.

I appreciate you hanging in there!

Mr. K

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
We love what you guys do for us orange junkies. Now that I can get my fix of OTT the other (BETTER that is) half is happy as well, she said I am calmer now :D

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I've been having withdrawal symptoms.... even went on another forum to see if the problem was on my end. Glad to hear you folks are on top of it, and thanks for all your hard work!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Before yall do that again how about sending us a pill or creame or giving us a shot for withdraws next time LOL

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
I figured it was a software update gone awry. Been through it with other forums.

What you do here is invaluable. Certainly the price is right. My fear was that "economic pressures" had taken another victim. Happily that is not the case.

Thank you.

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Man I received Emails about this one myself had to check it out hope this gets posted and I can tell Eric all is ok now THANKS MR K AND VIC for this site and all of your hard work in development. I know it takes a great deal of time and effort for you to do it. THANKS again. handy:D

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Thanx!

I hope the new shoes are not to expensive... :(

OTT is one of the best forums I surf by. The only thing I don't like is the fact that a growing community is forcing a better search or structur of all the info that is collected here. But that problem is in every big database...
On the other hand, if it get to strctured it will have so many subfolders, nobody find something. No easy job for an administrator, right Mr.K ? ;)

carl