Reasonably priced Quick Attach (SSQA) option for many Kubota's

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
The SSQA comes with new pins on it..

I thought that the LA402 was the smallest loader with the 1" pins and proper distance between the boom ears....however check your LA352 and see if it fits. Keep in mind that you're another 100+ lbs less capacity with the LA352 so many attachments will be too much for your machine to lift effectively.

tfilbo

Equipment
B2400
Sep 10, 2017
Papillion
I know this has been dead for a little bit but I'm bringing it back.
My loader LA352 was not listed in the original post as being compatible; i have to check some of the measurements before committing to buy but I'm fairly certain it will fit mine.

for those that had to use spacers, did you have to buy the pins separate or did the ssqa come with the required pins?
Was you LA352 compatible?

donkeyhollow2

Equipment
L3400
Feb 27, 2019
Hurlock, Maryland
Hello All,
I think I need some help. I have the L3400 Kubota tractor with the LA463 loader on it. My loader is NOT the Quick Hitch but I want to add that to my tractor. I have called and called so many Kubota Dealers and none seem to locate a Quick Hitch assemble for my loader. I called Kubota in Japan and as per them found a L2230 as the assemble. Anyone on here use the L2230 on their tractor, does it mount up easy? I am a bit confused as I can not find any photos of the L2230 mounted on a LA463 loader. It seems like it has to be wider set at the Quick Connect points than my loader is as I have placed a quick hitch bucket in front of my tractor and the places they hook up are wider then my loader arms.
I want to be sure it fits properly before I order it as if I special order it, it is not refundable if it does not fit, if I order, and have to prepay for it, it is mine weather if it fits or not. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Tom

donkeyhollow2

Equipment
L3400
Feb 27, 2019
Hurlock, Maryland
I pieced together information from this forum and a few other forums, as well as online information in order to figure out what would work for me. My goal is to save all of you the time in case you're interested in converting your machine to a SSQA.

The L2230A is a Kubota official quick attach that conforms with the ISO standard and will fit all bobcat style attachments. This unit has a 1" diameter pin size.

The following loaders from Kubota also use 1" pins. LA401, LA402, LA452, LA480, LA481, LA482, LA680, LA681, LA682, LB402, LB552 & LB702

Additionally BF500, BF550, LA450, LA500, & LA650 do as well.

The width and distance between the "ears" on the bucket vary slightly from model to model but I can confirm that the BF350, LA402 and LA682 all will accept the L2230A coupler. It will pin on without modification and perform normally. I personally have put the coupler on these machines.

Coupler measurements:
93.8mm (37 7/8") to the INSIDE of the ears.
110mm (43 1/4") to the OUTSIDE of the ears.
9.5" center to center on the pins. Pins are 1" dia.

You will note that there is a little excess play since the L2230A is WIDER than the loaders....as a result you can order up 94639A898 or similar from McMaster and cut those to fit. They're nylon spacers that will keep the bucket from moving side to side.

I paid around $450 from my Kubota dealer and you should be able to negotiate the same.
EDIT: You will need to talk to the SALES department, not PARTS to get this adapter. They won't be able to find this with the parts lookup, but sales team can look it up easily. Since sales has freedom to mark things up or down, try to influence them to give you a "good deal".

Of course you will need to order the quick attach plates if you're going to re-use your bucket.

Forks can be had as cheap as $459 for 42" from titan on Amazon with free shipping.

Buckets on ebay or craigslist are $200 and up for used skid steer buckets.

Hope this helps save anyone time that's looking to go SSQA as inexpensively as possible and doesn't want to take the cutting/welding route with the kits you can find online.
Honestly for the extra few hundred $, you're getting an engineered part, all painted, with $100 worth of new pins (the L2230A comes with new pins) . By the time you factor in time, welding materials, cutting/grinding materials..you're probably only saving yourself $50 to fab your own.....
I think I need some help. I have the L3400 Kubota tractor with the LA463 loader on it. My loader is NOT the Quick Hitch but I want to add that to my tractor. I have called and called so many Kubota Dealers and none seem to locate a Quick Hitch assemble for my loader. I called Kubota in Japan and as per them found a L2230 as the assemble. Anyone on here use the L2230 on their tractor, does it mount up easy? I am a bit confused as I can not find any photos of the L2230 mounted on a LA463 loader. It seems like it has to be wider set at the Quick Connect points than my loader is as I have placed a quick hitch bucket in front of my tractor and the places they hook up are wider then my loader arms.
I want to be sure it fits properly before I order it as if I special order it, it is not refundable if it does not fit, if I order, and have to prepay for it, it is mine weather if it fits or not. Thanks in advance for any and all help. Tom

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes the L2230 is the right SSQA adapter for the LA463.
I don't know why any dealer couldn't find it it's right on Kubota's parts site?Now if you can actually find and buy the L2230 might be another option.

Firefighterontheside

Equipment
1997 Kubota L4200
May 24, 2018
DeSoto Mo USA
I bought an L2230A a few weeks ago for my L4200. I don***8217;t know if the A makes a difference. It fits mine, but I had to add some spacers on the pins since the inside dimensions were different. Outside to outside was perfect. I used 1***8221; washers to fill the space. An adapter from EA was $887, but this 2230A was only $469. I was very happy to get it. The dealer had it in stock, because he had ordered it wrong for another tractor. It was quite easy to put on, once I had removed the original bucket. 4 one inch pins.

Attachments

Grodrianst

Equipment
L3430 with FEL and belly mower
Nov 22, 2018
St. Louis area
Does anyone have any experience with the SSQA setup from ATI-corporation? http://www.ati-corporation.com/

They quoted me MSRP of $832.00 for the adapter and $138.00 for the bucket plate. They dont do direct sales, have to buy from a dealer. Thanks for any info. 001 Weld-on Plate 301-001-001.jpg QA-KU11 Resize.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Does anyone have any experience with the SSQA setup from ATI-corporation? http://www.ati-corporation.com/

They quoted me MSRP of $832.00 for the adapter and $138.00 for the bucket plate. They dont do direct sales, have to buy from a dealer. Thanks for any info. View attachment 41361 View attachment 41362

Have you priced out the stock Kubota SSQA adapter?
people have been getting them for less that what you quote, and no shipping if you have it sent on a stock order.
Whole goods number L2230
Go to sales, not Parts, to get prices on it.

Grodrianst

Equipment
Nov 22, 2018
St. Louis area
Have you priced out the stock Kubota SSQA adapter?

people have been getting them for less that what you quote, and no shipping if you have it sent on a stock order.

Whole goods number L2230

Go to sales, not Parts, to get prices on it.
Thanks Wolfman, I will check the dealer. Since this thread is a couple years old i figured prices have went up so wanted to gather info and compare.

Grodrianst

Equipment
Nov 22, 2018
St. Louis area
So it sounds like the L2230 will fit my LA513 FEL but I'll need to relocate the bucket stops or risk bending the dump cylinders, is that correct?

Firefighterontheside

Equipment
1997 Kubota L4200
May 24, 2018
DeSoto Mo USA
Yes, according to at least one poster, the stops are too far back and will allow the cylinder to contact the arm when all the way curled. On my la680 it lined up just right.

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
I pieced together information from this forum and a few other forums, as well as online information in order to figure out what would work for me. My goal is to save all of you the time in case you're interested in converting your machine to a SSQA.

The L2230A is a Kubota official quick attach that conforms with the ISO standard and will fit all bobcat style attachments. This unit has a 1" diameter pin size.

The following loaders from Kubota also use 1" pins. LA401, LA402, LA452, LA480, LA481, LA482, LA680, LA681, LA682, LB402, LB552 & LB702

Additionally BF500, BF550, LA450, LA500, & LA650 do as well.

The width and distance between the "ears" on the bucket vary slightly from model to model but I can confirm that the BF350, LA402 and LA682 all will accept the L2230A coupler. It will pin on without modification and perform normally. I personally have put the coupler on these machines.

Coupler measurements:
93.8mm (37 7/8") to the INSIDE of the ears.
110mm (43 1/4") to the OUTSIDE of the ears.
9.5" center to center on the pins. Pins are 1" dia.

You will note that there is a little excess play since the L2230A is WIDER than the loaders....as a result you can order up 94639A898 or similar from McMaster and cut those to fit. They're nylon spacers that will keep the bucket from moving side to side.

I paid around $450 from my Kubota dealer and you should be able to negotiate the same.
EDIT: You will need to talk to the SALES department, not PARTS to get this adapter. They won't be able to find this with the parts lookup, but sales team can look it up easily. Since sales has freedom to mark things up or down, try to influence them to give you a "good deal".

Of course you will need to order the quick attach plates if you're going to re-use your bucket.

Forks can be had as cheap as $459 for 42" from titan on Amazon with free shipping.

Buckets on ebay or craigslist are $200 and up for used skid steer buckets.

Hope this helps save anyone time that's looking to go SSQA as inexpensively as possible and doesn't want to take the cutting/welding route with the kits you can find online.
Honestly for the extra few hundred $, you're getting an engineered part, all painted, with $100 worth of new pins (the L2230A comes with new pins) . By the time you factor in time, welding materials, cutting/grinding materials..you're probably only saving yourself $50 to fab your own.....
That was some great information thanks I will be going that direction for my B7800

tbk5

Equipment
L3710, L3010, ZD1211, RTV900xt, GR2100, lots of 3pt equipment
Sep 24, 2013
Central AL
That was some great information thanks I will be going that direction for my B7800
Do you mind sharing the cost and lead time? I plan to order one for my LA480 loader. The bucket, ahem, has a little too much character from moving way too big boulders. ;) In my area, I have not been able to find a replacement bucket with correctly spaced attachment points. There are plenty of used skid buckets available plus with a SSQA, I could easily switch to forks.

sammy hartr

Equipment
L3400
Jun 2, 2023
Travelers Rest SC
I purchased the L2230a from Coleman Equipment for my LA463 OE Kubota part was around $540 shipping $250 but still well below the aftermarket and 25 lb heavier built

Woody the fix it man

Equipment
L2850
Dec 18, 2023
Townsend, MA
Really good information on the quick attach option. Did anyone compare the Kubota L2230A to the ATI QA-KU1 adaptor? The ATI is much more expensive, in stock and the dealer told me it was built better. Maybe just trying to sell me on what he had in stock!