rear work lights, 2610

Billinmi

Equipment
LX2610
Aug 11, 2022
Sunfield, MI
i have a brand new LX2610 with a cab, it came with front work lights but not rear work lights, there is wireing already to the brackets where the rear lights would mount , I checked and there is no power to these pigtails for rear lights, either with the front lights turned on or off. can anyone tell me where to get power for these plugs [ where these wires originate?]. there is a blank opening in the dash right beside the front cab light switch, i assume this is for the rear lights, im hoping the wireing is already there [in the dash ] for the rear lights, tia, I tryied search but no luck.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Get an OHM meter out checking 12vdc and check each WITH tractor running .......... with lights on too and see what you get.

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
It requires a separate switch be installed in the inner roof panel to operate the rear work lights

Billinmi

Equipment
LX2610
Aug 11, 2022
Sunfield, MI
PXL_20220909_124043355.jpg
PXL_20220909_123956102.jpg
PXL_20220909_124043355.jpg

Get an OHM meter out checking 12vdc and check each WITH tractor running .......... with lights on too and see what you get.
So I checked the wire plugs at brackets where rear lights mount, no power with engine running and all other lights turned on.

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
Is the light wire harness stubbed off in the cab roof somewhere?

Yes, see switch 080 below. The connector should be inside the head liner behind one of the switch blank inserts. Or possibly behind the instrument console. I do not have that model so I cannot say exactly where it is

1662768539673.png

Reactions: 1 user

Rcflyer330

Equipment
Kubota B2650 Cab, B2779 Broom, B2782B Snowblower, RB1672 rear blade
Oct 14, 2019
Traverse City, Michigan
The switch connector should be in the dash under that blank off plug to the right of your front work light switch. this is where the rear work light switch goes and if it wasn't said already you will need a switch to get the rears to work. you may need to remove the dash to get to the plug it is one screw and two bolts one bolt is on the lower right and one on the left . the bolts do not have to be removed all the way to get the dash out. The screw is in the middle of the dash just above the dash screen its kind of a pain to get to. once you get the bolts and screw out move the steering wheel to the lowest position and wiggle the plastic dash till you get enough room to work. it may also help to pull the rubber grommet for the steering wheel and throttle lever away from the dash. install is just the reverse of removal pretty simple acutally. This process should be the same as my b2650 the previous model to the lx2610.

Reactions: 1 user

Billinmi

Equipment
LX2610
Aug 11, 2022
Sunfield, MI
The switch connector should be in the dash under that blank off plug to the right of your front work light switch. this is where the rear work light switch goes and if it wasn't said already you will need a switch to get the rears to work. you may need to remove the dash to get to the plug it is one screw and two bolts one bolt is on the lower right and one on the left . the bolts do not have to be removed all the way to get the dash out. The screw is in the middle of the dash just above the dash screen its kind of a pain to get to. once you get the bolts and screw out move the steering wheel to the lowest position and wiggle the plastic dash till you get enough room to work. it may also help to pull the rubber grommet for the steering wheel and throttle lever away from the dash. install is just the reverse of removal pretty simple acutally. This process should be the same as my b2650 the previous model to the lx2610.
Thanks for the info, very clear instructions, awesome!

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
100% correct.

You can do a search on this site for the same title, but with B2650 and find more information.

Wiring is there and has power.
You need a switch to go in that blank.
You need lights that have that Kubota connection for plug n play.

Cindylou

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610
Feb 6, 2021
Wisconsin
i have a brand new LX2610 with a cab, it came with front work lights but not rear work lights, there is wireing already to the brackets where the rear lights would mount , I checked and there is no power to these pigtails for rear lights, either with the front lights turned on or off. can anyone tell me where to get power for these plugs [ where these wires originate?]. there is a blank opening in the dash right beside the front cab light switch, i assume this is for the rear lights, im hoping the wireing is already there [in the dash ] for the rear lights, tia, I tryied search but no luck.
the dealer wired my lights on my lx2610 so I don't know about inside the dash but You are correct about the blank being for the rear work lights

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Strange that the LX2610 that I just received came with these lights and switch already installed. The only option that the salesman spoke about was an upgrade of the front hood lights from incandescent to led. I remember him saying that all lights are standard equipment on the cabs now.