rear weight box

jayb2410

Mar 30, 2016
windsor, wi
I hope I'm putting this in the right area. I have a b2410, and with the bucket on ( when loaded) the rear end gets pretty light. I want to make a 3 point weight. Just curious on how much weight should be used. Thanks in advance

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Tractor data puts your 3 point max at about 1500 lbs, so that gives you an upper limit.

On mine, I just use the heaviest most compact implement that's either already attached or easiest to get attached. And I would consider loading your rear tires, which helps in lots of ways, before going to the trouble of building a dedicated weight box, though there are some great examples of multi-purpose weight boxes on here. The ones I like best offer some configuration by adding heavy stuff (or suitcase weights if you have them) to make it lighter/heavier over time as you establish what works best for you. Though there are also some nice cast concrete examples too.

Beyond that, I think it mostly depends on what you are doing, so I'll let those more knowledgeable offer suggestions.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
A 55 gallon drum, with 3 point connections, set in the concrete, in the drum, would give you about 1100 lbs, almost what you need...:D:D

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
According to my CAD, this one weighs 1268 lbs.
(yes, I designed it in CAD. yes, I applied proper materials. yes, even the drawbar and QH adapters)

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Another option is this ballast box: http://www.palletforks.com/3-point-category-1-tractor-ballast-box-800-lb-capacity.html

This has a few neat features like integrated tool holders, and a door at the bottom to let out whatever ballast, OR you can make a false floor in the bottom with a few 2x6's and plywood and you will have a tool/chain compartment under your weight box that you fill with concrete or rocks or whatever...

They're also running a 10% coupon I believe right now....

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Another option is this ballast box: http://www.palletforks.com/3-point-category-1-tractor-ballast-box-800-lb-capacity.html

This has a few neat features like integrated tool holders, and a door at the bottom to let out whatever ballast, OR you can make a false floor in the bottom with a few 2x6's and plywood and you will have a tool/chain compartment under your weight box that you fill with concrete or rocks or whatever...

They're also running a 10% coupon I believe right now....
That 10% is thru today (3/31) with code MADNESS10.

I have ordered that ballast box. Should be here Monday. Like that idea of floor to make a tool space.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I fabbed one up for my B2650 that was compact for easy maneuvering when doing work. It is 650 pounds. I can get a full 60 in bucket of dirt and it keeps it planted.

View attachment 21444

View attachment 21445

Last edited: