rear view mirrors

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
I remember seeing a post somewhere about adding rear view mirror to cabless tractor. We have two square balers. One is MF pull behind and other is NH offset pull behind. I want to be able to use either machine. Concerned about vibration and coming up with way to mount so I can see, but not be so far out as to get knocked off. Suggestions?

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
What about a rear view camera?
That's an idea, but would it stand up to the rigors of hay baling?
then theres the wires to run, electrical connection, etc. I would rather use the standard type mirrors of possible. Much cheaper to replace of they get knocked off than a camera.

The problem as I see it is to get the morror mounted where there is minimum vibration and shake. Anyone tried making a bracket thet bolts to the ROPS to mount mirrors on?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The cost might surprise you and the wiring is easy. A back-up camera at wally comes with a small monitor and only costs around $100. Buy one and try it out. Save the box and reciept, if you don't like it take it back to wally and tell them it didn't work. It wouldn't really be a lie because it didn't work for what you bought it for. They'll give you the money back for it.

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
I solved the problem to my satisfaction. I found the post about another person adding a rear view mirror. Post is on the customization section. I have posted a pic of my setup there if anyone is interested in looking.